2019 TELUS Graduate Technology Leadership Program Position locations: Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal We are looking for leaders like you to help us build Canada's digital future
Are you a new engineering or computer science graduate looking to start your career with one of Canada's leading technology companies? Do you want to envision and build state-of-the-art technologies including 5G networks, Software Defined Networking (SDN), cybersecurity solutions and fibre optic networks, working alongside the best minds in the industry? Then come join TELUS' Graduate Technology Leadership Program (GTLP), a specialized career development program that focuses on technology and innovation. What will you get to work on?
Through a series of rotations, the GTLP will expose you to a breadth of functions to grow your career while you deliver on the technology needs of our customers. In less than 3 years, you will complete three rotations designed to help you build foundational technical and leadership skills in one of five technology streams. Positions are available in Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal so you can stay in one place or experience living in different parts of Canada during the program.
If you are an engineering graduate wanting to pursue a P.Eng accreditation, we will support you in this endeavor by helping you gain relevant work experience towards your designation. You will have access to both formal training and experiential learning opportunities, as well as access to connect with industry experts to widen your exposure to future-focused innovation.
Your rotation assignments will be based on your strengths and future career interests, combined with strategic business needs, and you will have a mentor alongside you every step of the way to help support your goals and growth.
Here are the five rotation streams you can explore:
• Software-defined networking/Network function virtualization (SDN/NFV): Re-envision our large networks as virtualized, cloud-based software to foster sustainability and improve the customer experience. You would gain skills in network virtualization, cloudification, and software development and operations (DevOps). Qualifications:Education and experience
• Cybersecurity and privacy solutions: Develop pioneering cybersecurity and privacy solutions to protect Canadians from the full spectrum of online threats. The skills you would develop include cybersecurity and threat assessment, software DevOps and security product development.
• Wireless network: Advance Canada's largest and fastest wireless network as we evolve to a hyper-connected 5G world. You could get to work on macro sites, in-building networks and Wi-Fi, and learn about wireless IP Access design, wireless core network design, data analytics, virtualization and DevOps.
• Software development: Design and develop the next generation of connected living solutions to improve our customers' lives and deliver on our future friendly brand promise. You'd work closely with experts on our technology teams to build apps and platforms to elevate the customer experience.
• Future Friendly Home Services: Deliver state-of-the-art, market leading video and connected home solutions for our customers. Working in collaboration with our business and technology implementation teams, the skills you would develop include product development and implementation, software DevOps, the application of virtualization in creating and extending TELUS' operating and business support systems, the development and deployment of advanced IP TV technologies, and next generation messaging and voice services.
•You must be a class of 2018/2019 or recent grad with a Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering (specializations in telecommunications, wireless communications, internetworking or security are an asset)
•Master's degree and/or prior relevant industry experience is highly desirable Required skills and abilitiesYOU
•Are passionate about learning new technologies and the telecommunications domain
•Have a deep sense of commitment towards making a difference for our customers
•Demonstrate leadership in the way you approach your work, as highlighted through your academic, volunteer/community and extracurricular activities
•Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
•Are collaborative and skilled at relationship building
•Have highly-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
•Are self-motivated and have a strong sense of personal initiative and ownership
•Are creative and innovative in your thinking
•Can see "the big picture" while also being detail oriented
•Thrive in a high-performing, fast-paced, large and sometimes ambiguous environment
If all of the above describes you, we'd love to talk with you!
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly ® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019