Account Manager Eastern CanadaTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste. Working within the Process Automation Energy Group (PAEN), the Account Manager develops, implements and updates the account strategy for the complete PAEN portfolio in Atlantic Canada from the customer's perspective. Reporting to the Eastern Canada sales Manager, you will coordinate sales activities, creating added value for the customer and ABB, with a clear focus on increasing market share, profitability and customer satisfaction.Your responsibilities
- Leading the development and implementation of the account plans and growth actions. The assigned territories will be the responsibility of the account manager.
- Defining sales targets for the account, and ensuring they are achieved with a structured follow-up process across the PAEN Canada guidelines and tools
- Providing solutions for their businesses that are in line with volume, mix and profitability targets
- Monitoring competitor activity and ensuring appropriate action is taken
- Driving the application of standardized marketing and sales processes and tools
- Ensuring that all opportunities and their different sales stages are all captured and maintained to date in Sales Force
- Securing and leading all customer meetings at different levels of their accounts while leveraging the PAEN technical and management team.
- Defining a detailed Player Map of all key stake holders in each account and building the strategy to connect the right team member to the right stake holder
- 5 years of experience in a sales related role, working as an account manager with experience in automation and electrification in the O&G, Refinery, Power Utilities and Water Treatment Utilities markets
- Demonstrated experience in management of customer accounts and sales strategy
- Knowledge and experience of Sales Force and MS Office tools
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach, with strong communication and customer relationship-building skills
- A university degree in Engineering or Business will be preferred
- Proficient in English, spoken and written is a must.
- Able to work in Canada and holding a valid Canadian driver's license
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.