Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Reporting to the Controller;
- Responsible for payables across the Shorefast group of entities including all divisions of Shorefast Social Enterprises Inc.
- Administration of the corporate credit cards including obtaining approvals, verification of coding accuracy, and processing of payments
- Receiving and verifying expense reports; monitor against budgets and prepare reimbursements
- Maintain vendor files; serve as primary contact for vendors and respond to inquiries
- Manage incoming administrative mail for Shorefast group of entities; redirect to appropriate team
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
Skills and Experience
Training & Experience
- Business Administration Diploma speciality in Accounting or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience with Accounts Payable functions
Position Specific Skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Capacity to manage high volume of daily transaction processing
- Proficient in data entry
- Superior telephone and email communication skills
- Capacity to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Proficient in using other Office 365 software tools including Microsoft Word, SharePoint and OneDrive
- Experience using QuickBooks or equivalent accounting platform, including ability to process transactions as well as preparing direct reporting from the software itself
Personal Skills & Interests
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willing to learn something new every day
- Positive, outgoing, ambitious, energetic and career oriented
- Extremely well organized and able to manage a multitude of tasks and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with a roll up your sleeves approach to getting the job done
- A desire to “Make a Difference” and make strategic investment in the growth of Social Business in Canada
- High degree of confidentiality
- A passion for small communities
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Benefits package
- Great organizational culture
- Opportunities to advance
- Possible relocation and shared housing assistance (position based on Fogo Island, NL)
About our Organization
Shorefast was established to contribute to the economic and cultural resilience of Fogo Island, Newfoundland, creating a model for contemporary rural communities. Activities are focused at the intersection of business, art, community and nature.
The Shorefast Group operate a social enterprise model where surpluses from business activity flow through the Charity and are reinvested in community programs. Entities under this unique corporate structure include Shorefast Foundation (federally registered Canadian charity) and Fogo Island Arts (contemporary art residency programme), alongside for-profit business ventures including Fogo Island Inn, Fogo Island Shop, Fogo Island Fish, and Community Host Services.
Social business is an emerging field in Canada, where for-profit economic activity directly contributes to positive social outcomes typically served by the non-profit community. Shorefast is a leader in this emerging space, creating not-just-for-profit businesses that maximize return on sacred capital (natural, social, cultural) alongside economic capital. The goal is to create a next generation economy of strong, resilient communities – a global network of deeply local places.
The successful candidate will join a committed team and help create business in service of community.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line Accounts Payable Clerk
Deadline for Applications: Until Filled.
Questions about this position may be directed to: Dave Tuff, Controller.
No phone calls, please.
For further information visit our websites:
www.fogoislandinn.ca | www.shorefast.org | www.fogoislandarts.ca | www.fogoislandshop.ca