At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers TV is currently looking for an Administrative-Volunteer Coordinator who will work with our team in St. John's, NL. This confidential position, which involves handling sensitive and confidential matters pertaining to Newfoundland region, will be responsible our multi-screen channel, Volunteer program and provide support for our staff and management team. This position requires a person with initiative, project management and problem-solving skills and adaptability. Ours is a challenging, ever-evolving world, where your contributions can make a real impact. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee all aspects of the volunteer program for St. John's, NL including recruitment, orientation, training, retention and scheduling of volunteers. Provide support to other NL volunteer programs as required. Work with production staff to facilitate training sessions and orientation.
- Maintain and provide ongoing support for St. John's multi-media screen, including ensuring all programming elements are relevant, accurate and updated in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to the staff and management in Newfoundland from St. John's, NL, including composing and preparing correspondence, promotional materials, forms, presentations and reports.
- Respond to and initiate inquiries independently resolving problems whenever feasible.
- Handle sensitive and confidential matters relating to daily activity of the management team.
- Ensure all reports required are completed accurately and submitted on time. Follow-up with staff if necessary to ensure the timely delivery of report information.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial statements and sundry recoveries. Monitor invoicing and payments. Assist with collections as required.
- Process purchase orders and receive items through Rogers' online purchasing system and offline process. Track and encode all department invoices and purchases.
- Oversee the time and attendance tracking system, including maintaining up to date hours averaging permit notices and vacation calendars.
- Maintain and provide support for Rogers social media platforms, including websites and Facebook, Twitter, Instagram accounts. Create social media strategies and reports, as required.
- Assist in the development and execution of the company's community and public relations campaigns, as well as special events and special projects as required.
- Provide assistance to other Rogers TV staff as required.
- Adhere to all company policies as well as meet all legal and policy requirements under Health & Safety Legislation.
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years Administrative Assistant experience, ideally in a multi-tasking environment supporting multiple employees and accountabilities. Additional experience in volunteer management, social media engagement and/or television production is an asset.
- Excellent communication, spelling and grammar skills with a very strong customer service orientation.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, and a high level of attention to detail and follow up.
- Superior knowledge of and skills with the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and other office automation equipment.
- Understands and can manipulate databases. Competent with data entry.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple competing deadlines.
- Willing to work flexible hours to meet changing deadlines.
- Solid understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work in a team environment.
Post-secondary education in administrative studies, volunteer management or television production an asset. Schedule:
Full time Shift:
Flex Time Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
541 Kenmount Road PO Box 8033 (034), St. John's, NL Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & TV Operations Requisition ID:
144876 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com
to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]