Wednesday, September 21, 2022
The Technician is required to oversee and complete the installation of equipment in various locations across the province. This position requires that the employee can work and solve problems independently while demonstrating behavior consistent with our core values. Core Competencies
Safety & Quality Focused
Planning and Organizing
Accountability and Dependability
Attention to Detail
A daptability / Flexibility
Project and time management skills Job Description
- Assists with wireless design proposal.
- Perform microwave, mobile, and cellular design.
- Create bill of materials and scope of work.
- Produce network and detailed site design documentation for various projects.
- Respond to technical RFPs/RFQs.
- Technologist Diploma, Military training or certification from a recognized provincial body (ASET, ASTTBC, etc.).
- Minimum two years' experience specializing directly in wireless environments and technology, Strong and applied knowledge of Fiber optics and related equipment.
- Ability to perform testing with use of OTDR / Fusion Splicer.
- Ability to comprehend complex wiring diagrams, network schematics, and layout drawings.
- Ability to effectively interpret system requirements and apply knowledge and experience to implement effective telecommunication strategies.
- Telecom, microwave and SCADA experience an asset.
- Exposure to GE MDS wireless product an asset.
- Experience in communications system field measurement and testing.
- Interest in keeping up to date with changes in technology.
- Able to set and achieve goals.
- The ability to work and solve problems independently.
- Excellent attention to detail, with a high level of accountability.
- Valid Canadian driver's license is required.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with co-workers and clients.
- Must be reliable, trustworthy and have a positive attitude!
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Clean Criminal record.
- Handle a physically demanding workload which includes heavy lifting, climbing ladders/poles, crawling in confined spaces and working in all weather conditions.
- Flexible to work various shifts: days, evenings, weekends, statutory holidays, to meet business needs.
- Willing and able to work in locations that preclude your ability to return home, as required.
- Repetitive work.
- Overtime, as required.
At WesTower Communications Ltd. you can expect to be treated fairly. We recognize that it is our people who drive the success of our business, so we make it our priority to foster inclusive work environments welcomed to diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to accommodating prospective employees. We proudly offer a drug free workplace with a zero-tolerance safety program.