BAND 3 - Senior Product Manager, Health System Performance Portal
Multiple Locations, BC CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$77,700.20 - $110,000.05 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Health
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Band 3
Senior Product Manager, Health System Performance Portal
An eligibility list may be established.
This position can be performed from multiple communities in British Columbia and the location of the position is negotiable.
This position is excluded from union membership.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Bring your in-depth knowledge and experience with IT change control to this unique opportunityThe Health Sector Information Analysis & Reporting (HSIAR)
sets the foundation for the delivery of high-quality health sector information, analytics, and reporting. The Division leads key information management functions including data stewardship, governance, security, and access; analytics and reporting; and quality assurance, performance measurement, and evaluation functions.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for managing the operations of the Health System Performance Portal and future digital products/portals. This role also oversees a team that has mastered Business Intelligence Software (Power BI) and who shares their expert knowledge across HSIAR and the Ministry.
To learn more about these B.C communities you can click on the Hello BC link here!
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant AdvisoryService please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Joseph.Amuah@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Experience must include at least 2 years in each of the following:
- Master's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, a technology discipline or project management or a related area with at least 3 years experience; OR
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology discipline or project management or a related area with at least 5 years experience.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Managing complex enterprise IM/IT projects with multiple interdependencies including major business transformations, strategic communications and the oversight of system integrators.
- Overseeing governance of digital products from development through to delivery and use.
- Managing change.
- Managing an interdisciplinary team.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience of current agile project management practices, open source, cloud platforms and digital services.
- Experience of working in an agile, digital product- focused development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to iteratively create and improve digital products and services.
- Experience with related UX practices, including content design, content strategy and information architecture.
- Experience promoting the adoption and use of digital products across a variety of internal and eternal stakeholders.
- Experience in conducting usability studies, collaborating with designers, developers and research teams from end to end of the process.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter required: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applyingQuestionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive