BAND 4 - Director, Digital Analytic Reporting Technologies
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$96,400.00 - $128,100.00 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Health
Ministry Branch / Division
Performance, Partnerships and Methodologies / HSIAR
Job Summary Bring your vision, leadership, and strategic skills to this challenging and important role
The Health Sector Information Analysis & Reporting (HSIAR) sets the foundation for the delivery of high-quality health sector information, analytics, and reporting. The HSIAR leads key information management functions including data stewardship, governance, security, and access; analytics and reporting; and quality assurance, performance measurement, and evaluation functions.
The Director, Digital Analytic Reporting Technology
works within HSIAR's Performance, Partnerships and Methodologies Branch and is responsible for leading, directing and providing oversight for key analytic reporting platforms for the Division's analytical products that utilize data from the Ministry's data warehouse.
The position has responsibility for planning and delivering multiple programs and initiatives to fulfill the ministry mandate, including policies, operational sustainment plans and detailed resource plans for new programs and services. The position champions Health System Performance Portal (HSPP) and Metaspace with stakeholders. If you are an effective communicator with exceptional leadership skills, enjoying working with a staff of talented professionals, and have a passion for engaging the health sector, we want to hear from you!Job Requirements:
*Related experience must include each of the following:
- PhD or Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, a technology discipline or project management, or other directly related field plus three (3) years of progressive and recent (within the last 5 years), related experience*; OR
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, a technology discipline or project management, or other directly related field plus four (4) years progressive and recent (within the last 5 years), related experience*.
Preference may be given to applicants who have:
- Experience in product design and practices gained working in a product, project or service capacity.
- Experience managing complex enterprise IM/IT projects with multiple interdependencies including major business transformations, strategic communications and the oversight of system integrators.
- Experience managing changes.
- Experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders and leading consultation sessions.
- Experience working in an agile, digital product- focused development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to iteratively create and improve digital products and services.
- Experience leading and resolving complex staff and/or client issues.
- Experience managing a portfolio of clients in a customer service environment.
- Experience with health administrative data and health information reporting.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Heather.Richards@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
The positionis currently based in Victoria. Other locations in BC may be considered; the above locations are representative of different regions, to assist you in your search.
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.
The BC Public Serviceis an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover letter required: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES -
A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) -
You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Health Services, Information Management/Information Technology, Leadership and Management