BAND 4 - Director, Northern Region
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
$92,700.24 - $123,200.20 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Jobs, Economic Recovery & Inn
Ministry Branch / Division
Regional Economic Operations/Small Business and Economic Development Division
Job Summary Director, Northern Region
Management Band 4
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is excluded from union membership.
This position can be performed from Prince Georgeand other Northern communities will be considered.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO LEAD AND CHAMPION ECONOMIC RECOVERY IN THE NORTH
In this important role, you will be responsible for providing regional leadership in support of the ministry's and the BC Government's strategic priorities for economic development by advancing business opportunities across key industry sectors to create a healthy and resilient rural BC. This position reports to the Executive Directorand is accountable for providing leadership to a team of Regional Managers for the delivery of economic recovery strategic initiatives, plans and projects throughout the region.
This position provides strategic advice and recommendations to Ministry Executive and develops Cabinet and Treasury Board Submissions, policy papers, briefing notes and other key communications, regarding current issues and long-range policies and programs to stimulate the provincial economy in Northern BC and create a thriving environment for sustainable employment.
The Director guides regional managers, that operate within a specific region of the North, to identify economic development priorities and opportunities and ensure successful delivery to achieve sustainability goals.
A critical component of this role is to foster strong partnerships and engage in productive consultations with multiple stakeholders and clients across the Norther region, including senior representatives of community organizations, Regional Development Trusts and First Nations, as well as Ministry partners, private industry, national and international investors.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
To learn more about these B.C communities you can click on the Hello BC link here! www.hellobc.com
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Claudia.Trudeau@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- University degree, certificate, or college diploma in Public or Business Administration, Public Policy, or in another area that is related to this role*.
- 2 years' experience supervising, coaching and mentoring teams.
- 3 years' experience toinclude the following:
- Leading/conducting sector and stakeholder consultation and leading multi-party discussions to resolve issues.
- Building strategic partnerships and facilitating the development of collaborative relationships.
- Managing complex projects.
- A valid BC Driver's License.
- Preferences may be given to applicants with:
- Experience working in a local or regional economic development setting.
- Experience leading regionally based and/or virtual teams.
- *An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive