EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
The Billing Technician takes a lead role in ensuring invoices are produced accurately, and timely. The Billing Technician initiates client billings in consultation with the Client Serving Executives (CSEs). Duties include: reviewing contracts, pulling data, providing preliminary analysis, editing and sending of final invoices. This role also contributes to accounts receivables follow-up via customer service calls and proactive follow-up with our CSEs. Your key responsibilities
• Responsible for entire billing process for the Human Capital Tax group which would include producing WIPs, reviewing data with CSEs based on a weekly schedule to determine amount to be billed. Creates, edits, processes, finalizes and sends bills on a timely basis.
• Reviews and analyzes data in Excel. Produces necessary attachments in client requested format to accompany invoice.
• Based on age of outstanding invoice, will initiate a call to clients' accounts payable department to ensure invoice was received and to determine if any additional information is needed to pay the invoice. Depending on problem/issue with non payment, may need to reprint and fax another copy of the invoice to the client, or escalate reason to CSEs.
• Perform follow-up calls as needed to resolve issues to have invoice collected.
• Attend weekly meetings as scheduled, may also be required to work extra hours during important billing deadlines (such as month ends, quarter ends and year ends)
• Assists with special projects as requested. Skills and attributes for success
• The individual in this role must have strong attention to detail To qualify for the role you must have
• Post-secondary education
• 3 to 5 years' experience
• High proficiency in MS Excel (advanced skills)
• High level of analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
• Strong oral and written skills in French is an asset What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive Operations and Logistics