Requisition ID: 41584
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Do you see yourself as a Dynamic Leader
? Do you desire to motivate a team though transformational change to drive results and success? Are you ready to step out and advance your career?
We are seeking Emerging Leaders for Branch Manager
(Trainee) - all levels. These career opportunities are available throughout our Atlantic Region.
Training locations will be identified and advised upon selection of the successful applicants. Upon completion of the training, you will be placed into a suitable Branch Manager vacancy within the Region
Full mobility (ability to relocate) required for the Atlantic Region (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland) What your role will be...
Branch Manager A multinational winning team...
Scotiabank is Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking. What you will be doing...
In this key leadership role, you will assume responsibility for the overall success of the branch by working to meet financial objectives related to the profitable growth and retention of the branch's personal and business portfolio. You will be accountable for the achievement of objectives related to customer service, human resource management and operational effectiveness with a focus on consistently delivering a superior customer experience. Responsible for ensuring a high level of employee engagement and capability, you will provide direction to branch team members in a manner consistent with the overall strategy of developing a customer-focused sales culture. To achieve success, you will embed and sustain a variety of fundamental management activities within the branch while selling customized financial solutions that employ a financial planning approach which meets both customer needs as well as overall business objectives. Key Accountabilities...
- Lead and develop the team to build and strengthen existing and new customer relationships by providing financial advice to both personal and business customers
- Continuously develop employee skills and knowledge through focused coaching to ensure the provision of excellent customer service
- Protect the bank, the customer and shareholder interest by managing and minimizing the bank's exposure to risk by ensuring compliance with regulatory activities and guidelines
- Ensure the achievement of branch objectives through the negotiation, establishment and monitoring of goals
- Oversee the implementation of established bank policies, practices, special initiatives and procedures
Education and Accreditations...
- Experience in both personal and small business banking
- Excellent coaching skills with successful experience developing and mentoring a team of employees and assisting them with their career progression
- Experience leading a team to achieve successful results
- Ability to effectively assess local market conditions as well as source and obtain new business through relationship building
- Proven success in attaining individual results and goals
- Licensed to sell Mutual Funds
- Able to satisfy the education requirements needed to assume the role of Branch Compliance Officer
- Willing and able to obtain a Personal Financial Planning designation
- University degree, college diploma or related experience
- These career opportunities are available and being advertised throughout our Atlantic Region.
- Training locations will be identified and advised upon selection of the successful applicants.
- Upon completion of the training, you will be placed into a suitable Branch Manager vacancy within the Atlantic Region (all levels, first time Branch Manager through to Senior Branch Manager levels)
- Mobility/ ability to relocate within the Atlantic Region required.
Location(s): Canada : Newfoundland and Labrador : St John's
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Law, Branch Manager, Compliance, Bank, Banking, Legal, Management, Finance
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019