Title: Branch Manager (Trainee) - Newfoundland Northwest District
Requisition ID: 72824
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. What your role will be...
At Scotiabank we help employees build their futures - where they can be themselves, and win together. With a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a performance-oriented culture that includes coaching, learning, and development - there are endless possibilities. At Scotiabank - you can make an impact. You help make the futures of our 25 million customers happen. You can find your future here. What you will be doing...
In this key leadership role, you will assume responsibility for the overall success of the branch by working to meet financial objectives related to the profitable growth and retention of the branch's personal and business portfolio. You will be accountable for the achievement of objectives related to customer service, human resource management and operational effectiveness with a focus on consistently delivering a superior customer experience. Responsible for ensuring a high level of employee engagement and capability, you will provide direction to branch team members in a manner consistent with the overall strategy of developing a customer-focused sales culture. To achieve success, you will embed and sustain a variety of fundamental management activities within the branch while selling customized financial solutions that employ a financial planning approach which meets both customer needs as well as overall business objectives.Key Accountabilities...
- Lead and develop the team to build and strengthen existing and new customer relationships by providing financial advice to both personal and business customers
- Continuously develop employee skills and knowledge through focused coaching to ensure the provision of excellent customer service
- Protect the bank, the customer and shareholder interest by managing and minimizing the bank's exposure to risk by ensuring compliance with regulatory activities and guidelines
- Ensure the achievement of branch objectives through the negotiation, establishment and monitoring of goals
- Oversee the implementation of established bank policies, practices, special initiatives and procedures
What we're offering...
- Experience in both personal and small business banking
- Excellent coaching skills with successful experience developing and mentoring a team of employees and assisting them with their career progression
- Experience leading a team to achieve successful results
- Ability to effectively assess local market conditions as well as source and obtain new business through relationship building
- Proven success in attaining individual results and goals
- A Mutual Funds license, completed CIFP Diploma and the Branch Compliance Officer course
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization with the ability to collaborate with other business lines within the bank
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- This career advancement opportunity will be of particular interest to those in the financial industry wishing to advance their careers to Retail Branch People Leadership role.
- Upon completion of the initial Branch Manager Orientation/ training program (3-4 month duration), you will be placed in to one of our branches in our Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest District.
- Full mobility (ability to relocate) within our NL Northwest District. If you have limited mobility, please state mobility/ geographic preference in your cover letter or resume (eg. mobility within the Central NL area or Northern Peninsula area or NL West coast area, etc.)
- Our NL Northwest District includes branches in the Channel-Port Aux Basque, Corner Brook, St. Anthony, Baie Verte, Grand Falls-Windsor, Fogo, Gander, Glovertown areas.
Location(s): Canada : Newfoundland and Labrador : Gander
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Branch Manager, Curriculum, Trainee, Bank, Banking, Management, Education, Entry Level, Finance
Management and Executive