Position Summary BUILDING MANAGER SUPERVISOR - RESIDENT Job ID: 4049 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: VANCOUVER - GRANT MCNEIL PLACE, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** BUILDING MANAGER SUPERVISOR - RESIDENT: POSITION SUMMARY
Functions as a member of the Regional Property Management team to provide effective tenant relations and
building management services to a number of directly managed sites. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. Provides tenant relations and building management services:
- Participates in formulating and implementing initiatives to enhance site specific program delivery;
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and training of building management and janitorial staff;
- Provides on-site facilitation in the delivery of building portfolio-contracted services;
- Initiates and inspects work and redirects contractors where minor deficiencies in the performance of work specifications are noted (e.g. painting services, millwork, flooring, pesticides applications completed, carpet cleaning, waste removal, etc.), reports on deviations in performance on existing contracts;
- Directs assigned staff in the completion of duties, including the planning, organizing and scheduling of work;
- Ensures work standards and deadlines are met;
- Completes performance evaluations of staff and recommends disciplinary action;
- Performs various inspections on a regular basis (e.g. boiler rooms, fire alarm logs, security systems, etc.), and unit inspections on a scheduled basis, or on vacancy and arranges for repairs and/or maintenance;
- Maintains records related to work orders, issues management, exception reporting, chargebacks, inventory and assists in the estimating and ordering of materials;
- Communicates with contractors to coordinate site viewings and unit entry;
- Calls the police or related public service in the event of emergency or disturbances such as notifying police of incidents or problems;
- Responds to resident inquiries, complaints, emergencies, provides information/clarification as required and takes appropriate action at all times during the work week;
- Serves notices, which may include but not limited to Notice to End Tenancy (NET), rent arrears, chargebacks arrears; Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) notices, etc.;
- Required to exercise interpersonal and conflict resolution skills when dealing with the resident population.
2. Performs all the duties of a Building Manager Resident or Non-Resident, as required.
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced a n interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
For postings requiring travel add last line: Successful applicants will be required to verify ability to travel under federal travel restrictions.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Due to the nature of this role, access to a reliable vehicle will be required
Management and Executive