AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Do you get excited working on new challenges every day? Do you like to problem solve, drive solutions and influence what features should be launched for customers? AWS Commerce Platform Business Operations team is looking for a talented ops analyst who can support day to day operations. An effective candidate will be a creative problem solver, committed to the team, who thinks critically to identify solutions and work around obstacles. The ops analyst will support customer inquiries and contribute toward immediate resolution as well as longer-term solutions. This team member will have an opportunity to innovate through process improvement and participate in cross-functional team initiatives.
Key job responsibilities
- Work closely with customer facing teams like AWS Customer Service, Sales, and Customer Enablement to address billing issues
- Manage the ticket queue to ensure it meets SLA and achieves established KPIs
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations.
- Proactively identify and implement operational improvements, enhancements, and system customization that meet business requirements
- Actively seek solutions to business/customers needs and suggest innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
About the team
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
We embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 1+ years of professional working experience in related occupations of Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Systems Analyst, Operations Engineer, Program Manager, or related.
- At least 1+ years of SQL experience
- At least 1+ years of experience with data warehousing and reporting
- At least 1+ years of customer service experience
- At least 1+ years of Microsoft experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Customer Service background
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail; able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate technical information to internal and external customers or vendors
- Proactive and forward-thinking attitude and creative problem-solving ability
- A motivated self-starter who can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics