Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must
first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location:
260 Blackmarsh Rd, St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, A1E 1T2Inspired by food? Committed to excellent service? So are we. At Loblaw, we are Food Lovers!
We are committed to our Colleagues and Customers and work hard to create a culture that allows us to be our authentic selves while working as a Team. We know that clear communication, collaboration and teamwork is the key to having a successful workplace.
We're looking for talented colleagues who are excited about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers and delighting them every step of the way!
Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. Why is this role important?In this exciting role you will:
• Lead, coach and motivate colleagues to improve productivity, engagement and retention
• Be committed to maintaining merchandising and operational standards
• Be accountable for departmental financial objectives
• Be constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our teamKey Responsibilities
In this exciting role, you will:
- Promote/support superior customer relations and provide customers with the "Ultimate Shopping Experience"
- Anticipate the needs of our customers and put them first in all that you do
- Lead, coach and motivate colleagues to achieve success and foster colleague growth
- Build sustainable long term relationships with the community
- Be committed to maintaining merchandising, operational standards and accountable for financial objectives
- Work in collaboration with the Store Manager and District Manager to execute business plans
- Assist the Store Manager in achieving P&L and sales targets
- Work in collaboration with Store Manager to execute business plans
- Work with colleagues to improve productivity, engagement and retention
- Be constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our team
- Be committed to maintaining merchandising and operational standards
- Monitor the competitive environment in your market and propose unique responses
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for Talented, Passionate Leaders with:
- Exceptional customer service skills and a talent for building customer loyalty
- The ability to lead, coach and motivate colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to improve productivity, engagement and retention
- Experience managing within a large format retail environment
- Strong financial acumen to deliver outstanding business results, everyday
- Experience managing retail operations
- Ability to regularly Travel within the St. John's Metro area, including Conception Bay South
- Travel within the province will be required
If you want to join a fast-paced winning team and believe you can have an immediate impact, then we want to hear from you!
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values - Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence - guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits - these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada's Top Employers.Employment Type:
Full timeType of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. Please Note:
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.