In accordance with the Provincial Health Officerâ€™s COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate, Northern Health requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
This position qualifies for a Relocation Incentive
Under the general direction of the Lead Dental Hygienist, the Community Dental Hygienist is responsible for the delivery of dental health prevention and promotion services for communities in an assigned area, with a focus on the infant and child populations group and other vulnerable groups as well as consultative and educational services to professionals and the community. This position functions in a team environment within the Northeast Health Service Delivery Area. Qualifications
Graduation from an accredited School of Dental Hygiene with a diploma in Dental Hygiene.
- Licensed as a practicing Dental Hygienist in British Columbia by the College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia.
- Two (2) years recent, related experience determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work.
- Current valid Class 5 Driverâ€™s License and access to personal vehicle for business related purposes.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide effective services in a variety of settings such as daycare, preschool, home, hospital, long term care facilities both on and off reserve.
- Ability to organize and set priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to guide and motivate others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment such as computerized software technology within a Windows operating environment.
- Physically able to perform the duties of the position.Note: This position has a flexible location within the North East Health Service Delivery area. (Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, Fort Nelson)
View Fort St. John Community