is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable ST. JOHN'S, SURREY
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms - made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments. The Opportunity:
WSP E&I Canada is providing Construction Materials Testing for the BC Hydro Clean Energy Hydroelectric Project, a 1,100 MW hydroelectric development located near Fort St John, BC
This is a site-based role, all employees hired will be required to mobilize to the Site C site on a shift rotation basis (14 days x 12 hours on 7 days off). Travel costs to and from the site will be compensated. Accommodation, meals and required PPE will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking to work on a world class hydroelectric project while developing their career in the Construction Materials Technician field. Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• Our Hybrid Work Policy
- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
As a Construction Materials Technician with academic training and/or experience in conducting CSA standard laboratory and field tests on concrete and concrete aggregates, you'll be:
• Conducting concrete field/laboratory tests and preparing test reports
• Sampling and testing aggregates
• Calibrating and maintaining testing equipment
• Maintaining the lab (ensuring it's clean and tidy conditions at all times)
• Communicating effectively within a laboratory and field team environment
• Adhering to all Site Safety Absolutes and working safely in accordance with WSP and Site Health and Safety programs What you'll bring to WSP ...
• Completion of a Civil Technology program from an accredited post-secondary institution. Consideration may also be provided to individuals who have work experience that demonstrates the knowledge and experience to perform the required materials work
• Technicians will need to be CCIL certified for concrete testing, or be able to be certified shortly after starting (ACI certification would also be acceptable and previous CCIL certification may also be considered)
• You enjoy fieldwork and like to work autonomously - think the opposite of a standard 9-5 desk job.
• You have strong communication skills
• You have an unrestricted Driver's License valid in BC as well as a clean Driver's Abstract
• You'll also be able to pass regular Drug and Alcohol and Medical screening as required for Site Access
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
St John's, NF
Junior (3 - 5 years)
St John's, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada/, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada/
Construction, Mining and Trades Information Technology