We build the Amazon Aurora control plane that:
- Reliably manages a large fleet of databases for our customers freeing them from traditional database operations
- Guarantees best-in-class availability and failover capabilities to sustain the world's most demanding workloads
- Orchestrates and automates the complete lifecycle of a database cluster from creation to operation to scale-out and fail-over
- Has the unique opportunity to integrate closely with our engine and storage layers to build an end-to-end solution that is easy-to-use and at the same time full-fills the demanding requirements of an enterprise-grade solution
Amazon Aurora is a cloud-native relational database which combines the scalability and performance of the best NoSQL databases paired with full compatibility to the most popular relational open source databases - MySQL and PostgreSQL. Amazon Aurora can store terabytes of customer data and can handle peaks of millions of queries per second.
You read until here, great, our team would like you to help us build the future of this service together. As a Data Analyst in our team, you will collaborate with our engineers and dive deep into large amounts of data we collect about our fleet and our instance availability. You will apply statistical methods, machine learning and your curiosity to derive insights about our fleet and the customer experience from an availability perspective. You will have the opportunity to influence the delivery and priority of features and own the design and delivery of dashboards, metrics and sophisticated data analysis end to end: requirements gathering, design, design reviews, implementation, operations, writing about it and driving continuous improvement. You will exercise your curiosity, collaborate with diverse teams of smart individuals and get a ton of learning opportunities from peers and senior engineers.
We don't need you to be an expert in databases or distributed systems as you will have a chance to learn and grow with your team. We are attracted to engineers who love what they do and are passionate about their work. We appreciate curiosity and craftsmanship over knowledge in certain technologies and frameworks. Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At Amazon, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Display flexibility to manage shifting priorities and influence in the face of ambiguity. You will help create critical data insights for a rapidly growing and evolving service
- Enjoy developing solutions for technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for enabling cloud computing experts through your data products for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
- Have a strong understanding of solutions innovation. The ideal candidate will have past experience working with technical teams or similar role to support the operations of the business.
Key job responsibilities
- Own, design, develop, document, and manage scalable solutions for new and ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, visualizations, and dashboards to support business needs
- Own and develop queries and data visualizations for ad-hoc, recurring, troubleshooting requests and projects, as well as for ongoing reporting by leveraging SQL, Redshift, QuickSight and Tableau skillsets
- Dive deep to understand frameworks utilized for storing data and different tools and solutions used to gain access to it
- Use data mining, data modelling ,data warehousing, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain data segmentation and predictive models to drive the availability analysis
- Design and drive experiments to form actionable recommendations. Present to business leaders in both ad-hoc forums and routine business reviews (MBR/QBR) to drive decisions
About the team
Mentorship & Career Growth
We recognize new team members need time to ramp-up and feel fully comfortable within the team. You will have a launch buddy, an engineer who will help you navigate through this processes offering you help and mentorship.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative area such as math, statistics, computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience in analytics, business intelligence, data engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational/business planning
- Proficient in SQL working with large-scale, complex datasets from multiple sources
- Experience with data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Advanced skills in Excel as well as additional data visualization tools like Tableau, Amazon QuickSight or similar BI tools
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required
- MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts
- Experience working in large data warehouse environments
- 5+ years of experience in a BIE or data engineer role with a technology company
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.