6 month Data Engineer contract role with a growing cloud first team.
What & Why:
- 6-month Data Engineer contract
- Great chance to be part of a large-scale business transformation with full remote work potential
- Enterprise organization with a global footprint who has seen tremendous growth year over year.
As a result of growth our client is looking to add a contract data engineer to the engineering team building real time enterprise data streams ingesting data from multiple data sources into Snowflake. The ideal candidate will be designing and implementing data pipelines using the full stack of Azure data services to satisfy business needs. The data engineer would also be responsible for continuously identifying opportunities for automation and reduction of technical debt & manual data manipulations to create efficiencies & optimize data delivery. They should also work with cross-functional business teams, identify data hydration solutions, assess the feasibility, and provide recommendations to other developers on automation opportunities ensuring that delivered frameworks are scalable.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and won major awards for their accomplishments in 2020. 2021 remained a very strong year for them which included a major strategic acquisition. 2022 has them investing majorly in bleeding edge technology as they continue to be a global leader in retail technology. They have an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver and have full remote on-boarding capability during Covid19 with remote work available for the duration of the contract.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software developer in BI space is needed
- Experience working with Snowflake & Kafka technologies is a must
- 2+ Years of performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis, and technical troubleshooting in a sometimes, ambiguous environment.
- 2+ Years working with Azure cloud-based systems
- Experience working with cloud-based systems - Azure & Snowflake data warehouses
- Experience with Azure SQL Services
- Expertise in designing data pipelines, table structures, and sql queries
- Working experience with reporting layer (ssrs / powerbi / ssas) is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Comp Sci, MIS, Business or related experience.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.