Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must
first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location:
240B Memorial Dr, Clarenville, Newfoundland and Labrador, A5A 1N9Inspired by food? Committed to excellent service? So are we. At Loblaw, we are Food Lovers!
We are committed to our Colleagues and Customers and work hard to create a culture that allows us to be our authentic selves while working as a Team. We know that clear communication, collaboration and teamwork is the key to having a successful workplace.
We're looking for talented colleagues who are excited about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers and delighting them every step of the way!
Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. Why is this role important?Responsibilities:
- Properly train staff to understand the policies and procedures and know how to communicate effectively with the customer
- Schedule department appropriately to meet business needs
- Handle customer complaints in a proper and efficient manner
- Comply with all Health and Safety and Food Safety policies within the store and ensure that all policies are followed by staff
- Train and motivate staff
- Delegate and prioritize workload for staff
- Effectively merchandise advertising and promotional programs
- Recommend aggressive and achievable sales goals
- Maintain up to date information about market trends and competitor activities
- Receiving, storing and handling of the product to ensure efficient, effective results
- Ensure proper product rotation as required
- Ensure proper signage for produce displays to enhance sales/profits
- Ensure pricing integrity
- Accountability for store in the absence of the Franchisee including key carrying and alarm responsibilities
- Any other duties that may be required to ensure courteous friendly service, competitively priced products, and a store that meets and maintains the hygiene standards specified.
- 2 years Produce Management experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of critical success factors for the no frills concept as a discount food store focusing on low price image.
- Demonstrated understanding of the produce department's impact on store performance in the following ways:
- merchandising to appropriate No frills standards
- maintaining and ordering proper inventories
- checking invoices for proper pricing
- maintaining cleanliness to appropriate standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated Customer focus
- Ability to manage people
- Ability to work with minimal functional direction
- Solid knowledge of all aspects of the produce area, operations and products.
- Open availability and flexibility to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays according to the needs of the business
Thank you for your interest, however only qualified applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values - Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence - guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits - these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada's Top Employers.Employment Type:
Full timeType of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. Please Note:
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.