VIRTUAL(R)59 - HomeRes - ON - BMO
Job Family Group:
TechnologyThe following attributes are essential for this career opportunity:
- Focal point for BMO Contact Centre application for Problem, Incident and Change (ITSM)
- Active MIRT Participation and leading for IVR and other application incidents
- Ensures Problem Management occurs for their owned issues; provide ITOPs SDM with RCA summaries
- Identify service improvement opportunities within their organization
- Develop and communicate trending and analysis of service metrics reporting against set targets
- Creation and Communication (verbal & written) of - Executive Problem Summaries for their CIO, CIO Service Reporting, Incident/change updates, etc.
- Represents platform and provides input to local CABs & Participate in Enterprise CABs
- Maintains an overall understanding of all changes impacting their portfolio, including vendor, and external implementations outside of their portfolio
- Partners with our development partners and collaborates with other organizations (e.g., TD, Networks, and Information Security) to recommend a server solution to the system non-functional requirements (e.g., Service Level Agreement [SLA] monitoring, audit controls, reporting, and security)
- Network with vendors and peers in external IT organizations, through user groups, in order to remain current with emerging technologies to satisfy the Enterprises needs
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g. Physics or Mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows Server operating systems internals and administration (e.g. filesystems, inodes, system calls, etc) or networking (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN, etc)
- Preferred qualifications: Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and to automate routine tasks.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through to deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems.
- Passion for system automation, dashboards, etc.
We're here to help
- Hands-on working experience with Atlassian product suite bitbucket, Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence , Maven build process, and Jenkins for day to day IVR application-related dev-ops activity
- Excellent working knowledge of GIT branching, resolving merge conflicts, packaging and deploying code to AWS environment using ansible
- Expertise in implementing CI/CD using Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible and other DevOps Tools
- Excellent hands-on experience in writing Ansible playbooks
- Experience working within an Agile SDLC and with continuous integration and deployment practices with Java or Nuance Development Framework
- Ability to work on multiple environments parallelly, troubleshoot and resolve issues on production deployments
- Experience with installing, configuring Apache Tomcat and deploying applications.
- Working knowledge on Linux platforms and writing shell scripts
- Hands on experience on AWS EC2 and other AWS native services such as secret Manager, KMS, EFS, RDS, Security Groups, NLB, ALB etc.
- Hands-on experience on any Kubernetes distribution, preferably open shift.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Dynatrace and Working knowledge on ELK stack for log analysis and monitoring critical key factors
- Ability to triage performance and other environmental issues
- Experience managing multiple non-prod environments
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.