Position Title Employment Counsellor-Youth Posting Number 01334SA Location See Work Arrangements Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range TBD Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 01/01/2022 End Date 12/31/2022 Day of the Week Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays Shift 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. On occasion will include a short Saturday shift Work Arrangements
Full Time position based in the Surrey Cloverdale WorkBC Office.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Role THE ROLE :
Representing Douglas College at the Surrey Cloverdale WorkBC Centre, the Employment Counsellor will deliver Intake and Case Management Services to help Clients achieve and maintain sustainable labour market attachments. They will serve general clients, specialize in serving youth and youth at risk and support client job development.Responsibilities
• Review the Needs Determination assessments in accordance with Work BC guidelines for case management interventions or services;
• Support and refer Clients to all relevant services and resources
• Assist clients through one to one coaching with resume writing, job search techniques, labour market information, career planning materials, assessment tools, workshops and other relevant WorkBC Centre resources;
• Determine eligibility for financial supports and services;
• Maintain regular contact with the Client to support, motivate, and monitor the Client's progress;
• Complete reports such as monthly Client Success Stories as per the requirement of the WorkBC Centre and submit for review to the Centre Manager;
• Job Development-Provide Job Sustainment Services, in accordance with WorkBC Policy, to any Client who achieves either Employment, Sustainable Employment or secures Community Attachment;
• Review monthly your individual Key Performance Measures ( KPM ) to ensure that you are providing the right services at the right time for Clients with the Centre Manager;
• Ensure that all required documentation is in place to support the start and completion of the agreed upon intervention (Client Milestones);
• Ensure that appropriate tracking mechanisms are in place and followed to capture and celebrate Client's sustained employment.
• Participate in weekly team meetings, strategic planning sessions and performance management reviews;
• Miscellaneous as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE :
• Post-Secondary degree, in employment services related field or equivalent level of knowledge and experience;
• Certified Career Development Practitioner ( CCDP ) Certification an asset;Experience:
• Providing customer service and resolving issues in person & virtual service delivery environment;
• Conducting & interpreting client needs assessments;
• Working with individuals with complex barriers and a wide range of cultural backgrounds;
• Working with Youth;
• Providing Job Development Services;
• Providing Client Outreach;
• Experience using on-line reporting and communication portals/databases; preference given to individuals with knowledge of existing Provincial Gov't systems ( ICM , OES , etc.) an asset;
• Commitment to continuous learning and development;
• Ability to exhibit respect for clients, client diversity, and community partners;
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent computer skills: MS Office Suite, database entry and the use of online-demand meeting applications and desk-top sharing;
• Knowledge of local labour market and labour market trends;
• Satisfactory completion of a criminal records check.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Open Date 04/14/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/8506
Education and Training