Manager, Software Engineering - Remote, Canada
WhereTo (now part of Flight Centre Travel Group) is looking for a passionate, motivated and skilled Software Engineering Manager to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the team leading the return to travel and work with some of the largest and most powerful travel programs in the world.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the team, ensuring that key projects and duties are fulfilled. The Engineering Manager must lead the software engineering team to meet company objectives, partner with management and develop systems and controls to ensure compliance with quality standards.
You also must be a team player who is willing and able to mentor others and contribute to our culture of engineering and operational excellence. Responsibilities:
- Work with Head of Engineering and CTO to define and manage engineering team priorities
- Drive team and individual accountability by assigning tickets and tracking progress
- Work with technical team leads to manage team output
- Establish metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement.
- Lead incident response across the engineering organization as needed
- Actively track the release deliverables
- Assist in refining, communicating, and documenting engineering processes
- Champion our culture of engineering and operational excellence
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of professional software development experience (internships and personal projects not included)
- 4+ years of management experience (hiring, managing reports, etc)
- Excellent software architecture skills and a passion for maintainable, organized code
- Experience with AWS, EC3, S3, RDS, CloudFront/CDNs
- Experience driving projects from start to finish for cross-functional teams
- Experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions.
- Effective, clear, and concise verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts.
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP with matching
- Employee Share Plan
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Location - Remote, Canada
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Travel is booming once again, and our roles are being filled quicker than a nonstop from London to New York. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at email@example.com Applications close: