EXEC LEAD - Principal***AMENDED CLOSE DATE*** Position Classification
Executive Lead Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$124,800.25 - $150,900.25 annually Close Date
1/31/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Office of the Auditor General Ministry Branch / Division
Financial Audit and Related Services Job Summary ***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the directions below.*** Principal, Financial Audit and Related ServicesExecutive leadSalary Range: $124,800.25 - $150,900.25 per annumLocation: Victoria, B.C. (Greater Vancouver area may be considered based on business needs.)
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and temporary vacancies at the same level.
Get ready to contribute your professional accounting expertise to a dynamic leadership position in the Office of the Auditor General of British Columbia.Be a key part of the auditor general's team
The Auditor General, an independent officer of the of B.C. legislature, has a mandate to audit the government reporting entity which consists of ministries, Crown corporations, universities, colleges, school districts, health authorities, and other organizations controlled by, or accountable to, the provincial government.
Together with staff, the auditor general performsfinancial audits,performance auditsandissues othernon-audit reports to foster effective and accountable government. Our work produces insights and recommendations in support of transparency and continual improvement in the B.C. public sector.
We are based in the heart of beautiful downtown Victoria and the nature of our workplace is grounded in the values of flexibility, diversity and inclusivity.About the role
The Office of the Auditor General seeks an experienced accounting professional for the position of Principal, Financial Audit and Related Services.
As one of four principals reporting to the Assistant Auditor General, Financial Audit and Related Services, you will be responsible for managing resources and meeting program deliverables within a budget allocation and distinct timeframes.
The Financial Audit and Related Services team audits the province's summary financial statements, directly audits or provides oversight of the financial statement audits of 30 public sector organizations included in the government reporting entity, and carries out other financial audit related engagements. Their work is conducted in accordance with Canadian Auditing Standards while maintaining relevance and compliance with the Auditor General Act.
In addition to managing the preparation of audit opinions and reports on behalf of the auditor general, you will be responsible for maintaining a collaborative relationship between the office and chairs of audit committees and senior management of Crown corporations and other public sector organizations.Required education and experience
- Canadian accounting designation (CPA) or equivalent; plus, a minimum of eight years' post-designation, diverse experience leading financial statement audits.
- Eight years of post-designation progressive related experience combining:
- Demonstrated strategic leadership experience in large, complex financial statement audit projects at a senior level; and
- Experience in leading, planning, managing, conducting, and reporting financial statement audits in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards in a public sector setting.
- Progressive project management experience, including managing project life cycles, planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring, communications management, risk management and project closing.
- Experience leading a team of audit/accounting professionals by providing direction, supervision, coaching, mentoring, and motivating staff.
- Experience in applying professional standards to guide the quality of audits.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with senior leaders and creating and delivering executive-level presentations and written reports for the purposes of decision making.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience working with Canadian Public Sector Accounting Standards.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience working in the public sector.
The health and safety of our people is a priority and proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required of all staff. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements.Our policy is aligned with the COVID-19 vaccination policy for B.C. public service employees .
Candidates must be willing and able to be flexible regarding ongoing changes in responsibilities, assignments and corporate structures. Occasional travel is required.
Successful completion of a criminal records check is required by the Office of the Auditor General.Submitting your qualifications
Please see the detailed job profile for a full description of the accountabilities and qualifications for this position. Ensure your resume demonstrates how you meet this position's requirements.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and qualifications matrix via email to email@example.com
Applications will be welcomed until 11:59 p.m. PST on Jan. 31, 2022
For additional information, contact Stuart Newton, Assistant Auditor General, SNewton@bcauditor.com
- Job Profile
- Qualifications Matrix
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive