Permanent Reference code
:103113 Primary Location:
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada All Available Locations:
St. John's Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge.
Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organizationWhat will your typical day look like? An Executive Assistant provides an elevated level of administrative support to three to five Leaders.
About the team
- The Executive Assistant role includes, but is not limited to, the following primary duties:
- Inbox and email management (e.g. compose emails)
- Meetings support (room bookings, catering, IT requirements, minutes etc.)
- Send external/client communications on behalf of the Leader
- Document and Report Management Services
- Support with proposal template creation, review, and submission
- Print deliverables and documents (including binding and coordination for print)
- Coordinate branding and translation of documents
- Maintain and update distribution lists
- Build effective relationships with external clients, including EA's of clients
- Support client content creation (i.e. deliverables, spreadsheets, and presentations) independently or via admin services
- Support invoicing and billing process (i.e. review WIP/AR, initiate billing instructions to Finance, track and review returned invoices, save invoices to client file). Note: level of support will vary by leader
- Travel and Expense Services
- Provide LDR Support (action on priorities, goals, and objectives)
- Support with creating/submitting tickets via ServiceNow
- Coordinate courier/mail
- Support and coordinate events (invites, room bookings, catering, name tags, guest pass, etc.)
- Coordinate onboarding activities for the Leaders service
- Represent the Leader in a professional and confident manner, in both written and verbal communications, internally and externally
- Support the agile workplace including location and reservation of appropriate space and other required resources
- Reception back up
- Flexibility and accessibility after hours is a requirement
As a part of the Business Operations Team, we work to leverage appropriate firm resources to manage, own, and minimize administrative tasks for the Partners. In our team, we handle work-related matters on behalf of the Partner. We work to grow our careers, connect, and learn through continuous on-the-job learning and collaboration with others.Enough about us, let's talk about you You are someone who is/has:
Our shared values
- Minimum five years' experience supporting multiple executives in a professional, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional commitment to client service and continuous improvement
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information; diplomacy, conciliation and discretion are all vital in this role
- Demonstrated aptitude to prioritize tasks based on comparative importance and urgency
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective decision-making ability
- Confident communication and active listening skills are critical
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for continuous learning relevant to the role
- Flexibility to work overtime, if required
- Advanced-level knowledge of common industry software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, CRM, and Concur
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Equity, Developer, Executive Assistant, Administrative, Finance, Technology