Line of Service
Senior AssociateJob Description & Summary
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.Important point to considerCOVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future:
The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients, and communities is our number one priority. Vaccinations have proven to reduce the risk of COVID-19. Effective Friday, October 1, 2021, PwC Canada requires all partners, staff, contractors and visitors to be fully-vaccinated when entering a PwC location, subject to applicable legal exemptions. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating. Read this press release for further details . What you'll create and do:
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Take on a professional role as part of our client-facing teams
• Support the development of the audit approach and complete planning procedures
• Provide coaching and feedback to junior members of the engagement team
• Examine financial and accounting records, other documents, and tangible items such as inventory, or plant and equipment, or watch certain processes and procedures being performed
• Ask a range of questions - from formal written questions to informal oral questions - with a range of individuals at our client organizations
• Test the client organization's internal controls
• Assess significant estimates, judgements or assumptions made by management
• Verify and test financial statements and supporting disclosures
• Perform completion procedures to support issuance of the audit report What you'll bring to this role:
• An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
• Qualified CPA or equivalent reciprocal designation, or commitment to completing the Canadian CPA designation
• Demonstrated progressive experience at the Senior Associate level working with a range of external audit clients in a professional services firm
• A strong understanding of Canadian audit standards or United States auditing standards and/or PCAOB standards also considered
• Knowledge of IFRS and/or ASPE, US GAAP is considered an asset
• Thorough technical skills and experience regarding applicable accounting reporting and auditing standards
• Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
• Previous experience in coaching and leading engagement teams
• Project management experience
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment
• Bilingual proficiency in French and English is considered an asset Why you'll love working for PwC
At PwC, we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture. To learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC, please visit: https://www.pwc.com/ca/whypwc See how you can create your future at PwC
www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/create-your-future.html Get to know us
Check out our careers blog to hear what our people have to say and discover a place where you can bring your passions and whole self to work. https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/blog.html Applying at PwC
At PwC, we embrace new technology where you will learn to innovate and deliver differently. For Administrative, Specialist, Associate, Senior Associate, and Manager roles you may have the opportunity to participate in an on-demand video interview. To learn more about our innovative cloud-based online application interview process click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/applytopwc
We take your privacy seriously. To protect your personal information, please submit your application directly through PwC Canada Careers: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers.html Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Every day we see how people make businesses great. But it's not only about skills. If your experience is close to what we're looking for, please consider applying. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, and passionate teams reimagine the possible. Create your future at PwC.
PwC s'engage à bâtir une équipe diversifiée et représentative des collectivités qu'il sert. Nous invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées, sans égard à leur appartenance ethnique, leur race, leur religion, leur sexe, leur orientation sexuelle, leur identité sexuelle, leur statut d'autochtone, leur âge, leur handicap ou leurs besoins en matière d'adaptation du milieu de travail, à présenter leur candidature, qu'il nous fera plaisir d'examiner.
Chaque jour, nous voyons des personnes participer à l'essor des entreprises. Ce n'est pas seulement une question de compétences. Si votre expérience se rapproche de ce que nous recherchons, n'hésitez pas à postuler. Nous sommes conscients que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et que des équipes de passionnés peuvent réinventer le possible. Créez votre avenir chez PwC.