Line of Service
Senior AssociateJob Description & Summary
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.Responsibilities for the role include planning the engagement: Conducting research in order to have an in-depth understanding of a client's industry and businessMeeting/interviewing the client to complete sections of assigned audit workIn cooperation with Management, set the audit approach to the engagement, which makes effective use of team members' skills and is within budget for assigned component(s).Managing the engagement: Ensuring that all work is completed and documented in accordance with our prescribed standardsDeveloping the knowledge of junior team members through on the job coaching and sharing best practices on the completion of their sectionsManaging interpersonal relations and building the morale of the teamReviewing the work of junior staffDemonstrating strong technical knowledge and having the ability to research issues, present alternatives and conclusions to client/Manager; andContinuously communicating with the Manager and/ or Partner with respect to engagement progress - risks, issues, variances from plan in terms of time, budget, etc.Completing the engagement: Taking full ownership of external file completionAnalyzing engagement economics of self and field staff and explaining variances from plan;Preparing and delivering meaningful individual performance evaluations on a timely basis to Associates;Developing strong relationships with your clients to facilitate the completion of client work; andIdentifying potential opportunities to provide additional services to your clients.
Requirements: Minimum of one year of experience in a public accounting firmCPA designation or close to completing a CPA designationUnderstanding of Canadian GAAP and IFRSUnderstanding of Canadian or International normsSuperior communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environmentDemonstrated ability to work in a multitasked, fast-paced and changing environmentWell-developed leadership, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skillsCommitment to providing excellent client serviceAbility to work on multiple engagements concurrently Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance