Please note: Applications must be submitted in ONE PDF file (Cover Letter, Resume, Unofficial Transcripts)
EY's people in more than 170 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality, and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transaction, and advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organization offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. EY Advisory Services is a $4 billion global practice with 18,000 professionals. With an overall Advisory market of $150 billion, there's tremendous potential for growth - and we're prepared to tap into that potential. Our Advisory team takes a strategic approach to helping clients improve and sustain their business performance. In today's complex business environment that means understanding the relationship between risk and performance improvement and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives.
At EY we are committed to building a better working world and provide ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning, and individually tailored coaching. As a part of that, we develop our people and equip them with the skills to be successful, versatile business leaders.
Within the Advisory service line we initially align our new interns to a sub-service line based on background, preference, and need. While consulting professionals may sit within a sub-service line, our teams work closely together to solve client problems. As a new consultant, it is common to work on engagements that span our sub-service lines or industry teams, allowing for both depth and breadth of experience.
We are currently seeking interns to join our Technology Consulting Practice from May to August 2020. Students will select to join one of the following teams:
Strategic Technology Advisory
Architecture and Infrastructure
Insurance Technology (Guidewire)
Risk & Treasury Technology
Please see below for a description of each of these competencies. Available office locations are listed in the pre-screening questions. Please select your first and second choice.Responsibilities
• Actively participate in client engagements and assist in drafting high quality project deliverables
• Establishing relationships, maintain and strengthen relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
• Demonstrating ability to continuously learn, incorporate and apply new knowledge in the work environment. Possessing good business acumen and remaining current on new developments in Technology Advisory services, capabilities and industry knowledge
• Improving clients' efficiency and effectiveness through the design of their operations, processes, information technology and business functions
• Executing procedures, performing detailed data analysis, reaching conclusions, documenting results and suggesting ideas for efficiencies
• Taking full responsibility for tasks, including consistent review of own work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervisionQualifications
• Actively pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Engineering, Computer science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or another related major.
• All applicants must be graduating in December 2020 and onwards
• Relevant industry experience is a differentiator
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills- verbal and written
• Proficient in MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
• Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skill
• Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
• High level of motivation with a self-starting attitude
• Ability to think creatively and thrive on new challenges
• Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
• Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
• Integrity within a professional environment
• Successful candidates must be available to travel as needed within and outside of Canada and work in excess of standard hours when necessarySAP
The SAP Advisory group work on multiple client engagement teams, focusing on process re-engineering and technology-enabled business transformation. Examples of work could include: developing and delivering a technology strategy that enables organizations to achieve their business strategy; helping the Chief Information Officer and their IT functions streamline technology operations to achieve better effectiveness and cost efficiencies; establishing effective IT governance and IT portfolio management; enabling organizations to better manage their information assets and their ability to make informed decisions; providing advisory services to organizations on systems selection; implementing technology applications that address business challenges; improving underlying technology infrastructure for higher performance; and managing and executing large-scale technology transformations.Strategic Technology Advisory
Our Strategic Technology Advisory group work on multiple client engagements that include developing and delivering technology strategies, architectures and roadmaps for clients to enable their business strategies. The team also create new business models and operating models for clients with the overall goal of creating value for the client's business. The team manage large-scale technology-enabled business transformations as well as advising clients on areas such as system selection and vendor selection, helping them optimize their IT costs and establish effective IT governance. All of this whilst working with a client's Chief Information Officer to align the IT operating models and sourcing models to the priorities of the business, enabling step change improvements in the effectiveness and agility of their Technology.
Architecture and Infrastructure
Staff in our Architecture and Infrastructure space work on multiple client engagement teams, focusing on advising clients on the underlying technology infrastructure in their business. Examples of work could include: developing and delivering a technology strategy that enables organizations to achieve their business strategy; providing advisory services to organizations on Technology selection; troubleshooting and advising clients on Infrastructure issues; improving underlying technology infrastructure for higher performance; and managing and executing large-scale technology architecture and infrastructure transformations.Insurance Technology (Guidewire)
Our Insurance Technology team provides professional and effective functional and technical consulting services pertaining to EY's Insurance Technology advisory practice. The team's core activities are advising our client's on large-scale IT transformation and the adoption of new and disruptive technologies for the Insurance Sector. Our team members are involved across many different supporting disciplines; from supporting functional requirement gathering, business process re-engineering, architecture and design of solutions, implementation, testing, and deployment. We also work with new and emerging InsurTech providers to bring cutting edge technology to our clients and actively contribute to the continuous improvement of our practice's capabilities and offerings.Risk & Treasury Technology
In the world of financial services, access to financial data to manage risk and move capital at rapid speed is essential to our client's success. Our Finance, Risk and Treasury Technology team works alongside EY's Finance, Tax, and Risk teams to bring our clients solutions that address their evolving market and regulatory needs. We bring our clients deep understanding of their underlying data, vendor solutions, systems and data architecture, and the ability to deliver large programs to implement change. As a member of the team, you will be exposed to a wide variety of vendor solutions (including ERPs, analytics solutions), program and project management, and the information our clients use to run their businesses.Banking Technology
Digitalization and innovative technologies are creating unprecedented disruption in the banking sector, and the rate of change is accelerating. Banks face crucial decisions as technology shifts customer expectations and changes the regulatory landscape. The banking technology team works with financial institutions to harmonize their digital strategy with its business strategy, and enable their collaboration with industry partners and FinTech providers. As a member of the banking technology team, you will be exposed to a breadth of innovative projects focusing on open banking, payments, risk and regulation, and transformation and growth in the banking space. How to Apply
To apply, please attach your most recent cover letter, résumé, and unofficial transcripts in one PDF file.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
To apply please visit our Student Careers Page: www.ey.com/ca/apply
1. Please select the appropriate job posting
2. Log In or Register as a New User
3. Complete all required fields on each page
4. Attach your most recent cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in one PDF file
Available office locations are listed in the pre-screening questions. Please select your first and second choice.
This posting will officially close on Sunday December 1, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance