Job Title: Guest Services Administration Division
Permanent, Full-Time. 2 Vacancies.
Reporting to the Guest Services Director;
- Check guests in and out using the property management system
- Accurately record any charges incurred by the guest during their stay
- Answer all inquiries from guests and ensure requests/concerns are addressed swiftly and appropriately
- Answer phone calls, routing to appropriate departments, take/distribute messages and monitor emails
- Communicate with various departments at the Inn to ensure guests have the best possible experience
- Uphold the highest standard of guest service and always be available to the in-house guests
- Other duties as directed by management
Skills and Experience
Training & Experience
- Any combination of training, experience and education which provides the required knowledge, skill and ability to perform the duties of the position
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of general administrative duties and best practices
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
Position Specific Skills
- Team orientated and ability to work across multiple departments
- Excellent computer skills with word processing and financial management skillsCommitment to providing excellent customer service, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior telephone and email communication skills
- Capacity to work in a deadline-oriented environment while practicing sound decision making
- Ability to work flexible hours (evening and weekend work will be required)
Personal Skills & Interests
- Commitment to upholding the vision and goals of Fogo Island Inn, Shorefast Foundation, and other affiliated organizations
- Entrepreneurial spirit willing to learn something new every day
- Positive, personable, outgoing, ambitious, energetic and career oriented
- Extremely well organized and able to manage a multitude of tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Sensitivity to the history and culture of rural Newfoundland
- A passion for small communities
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Benefits package
- Great organizational culture
- Opportunities to advance
- Possible relocation and shared housing assistance (position based on Fogo Island, NL)
About our Organization
Shorefast was established to contribute to the economic and cultural resilience of Fogo Island, Newfoundland, creating a model for contemporary rural communities. Activities are focused at the intersection of business, art, community and nature.
The Shorefast Group operate a social enterprise model where surpluses from business activity flow through the Charity and are reinvested in community programs. Entities under this unique corporate structure include Shorefast Foundation (federally registered Canadian charity) and Fogo Island Arts (contemporary art residency programme), alongside for-profit business ventures including Fogo Island Inn, Fogo Island Shop, Fogo Island Fish, and Community Host Services.
Social business is an emerging field in Canada, where for-profit economic activity directly contributes to positive social outcomes typically served by the non-profit community. Shorefast is a leader in this emerging space, creating not-just-for-profit businesses that maximize return on sacred capital (natural, social, cultural) alongside economic capital. The goal is to create a next generation economy of strong, resilient communities – a global network of deeply local places.
The successful candidate will join a committed team and help create business in service of community.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Guest Services Administration Division”
Deadline for Applications: May 25th or Until Filled.
Questions about this position may be directed to: Rhonda Rowe, Guest Services Coordinator.
No phone calls, please.
For further information visit our websites:
www.fogoislandinn.ca | www.shorefast.org | www.fogoislandarts.ca | www.fogoislandshop.ca