Are you a front end engineer that wants to solve complex technological problems at scale with cutting edge technologies?
Each day, hundreds of thousands of customers use Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. The billing systems of AWS process trillions of events each month to continuously refresh billing console data and provide monthly bills for customers.
We are looking for talented front-end engineers to build great Customer Experiences for the world's most powerful billing platform.
Key job responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in that support many client platforms (mobile, web).
- Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in a microservices architecture.
- Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
- Find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale".
- Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and feedback.
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience (based on 3 years of relevant work experience for every 1 year of education)
• 3+ years professional experience in large-scale front-end software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
• Experience developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, AngularJS, Webcomponents, etc.)
• Experience in an agile software development methodologyPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable systems.
- Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
- Working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming