Join a team working on building next generation technology to redefine how users will interface with machines. We are a team of highly motivated individuals, enabling developers to create next generation of conversational bots. We leverage cutting edge machine learning, Natural Language processing and Speech Recognition to do the heavy lifting for our customers.
Amazon Lex is a fully managed service, part of the Amazon AI portfolio, enabling developers to create conversational interface for their applications. As a SDE, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying distributed machine learning systems and large-scale solutions for our world-wide customer base. In this, you will collaborate closely with a team of ML scientists to influence our overall strategy and define the team's road map. You will also drive the system architecture, spearhead best practices that enable a quality product, and help coach and develop junior engineers. A successful candidate will have an established background in engineering large scale software systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
About the team
- In this role, you'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced agile environment
- This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a global scale, while touching and influencing large parts of the consumed AWS services
- You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate, and believe that world-class service is critical to customer success
- You will design and build the features that will support some of the most important initiatives our customers are working on
- If you're looking to solve challenging technical problems and create great products for customers, then this is the right role for you!
- Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
- Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and an end-to-end testing.
- 5+ years of professional front end development.
- Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
- Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
- Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming