Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must
first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location:
20678 Willoughby Town Centre Drive, Unit A100, Langley, British Columbia, V2Y 0L7Inspired by food? Committed to excellent service? So are we. At Loblaw, we are Food Lovers!
We are committed to our Colleagues and Customers and work hard to create a culture that allows us to be our authentic selves while working as a Team. We know that clear communication, collaboration and teamwork is the key to having a successful workplace.
We're looking for talented colleagues who are excited about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers and delighting them every step of the way!
Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. Why is this role important? SUMMARY:
Managing the customer service functions, including cash, cashiers and merchandising. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures cashier/merchandising staff comply with all store policies and operating procedures
- Trains cashiers/merchandisers in job functions
- Provides on-going guidance and instruction
- Ensures all loss prevention standards are implemented, manages daily cash office inventory and cashier tracking, tracking sheets, PC Optimum procedures
- Ensures store employees present proper image to the public in accordance with Uniform Policy and Dress Code Guidelines (ie. clean appearance, approved uniform, name badge)
- Answers inquiries regarding location of product, rainchecks, etc.
- Resolves customer issues according to established guidelines (refunds, exchanges, etc.)
- Promotes the CSI Survey
- Ensures shelves are clean and organized with proper rotation
- Ensures product displays are set up and taken down as directed by the AFSM/FSM
- Monitors inventory level and informs AFSM/FSM
- Puts up and takes down flyer/event POP as per the POP Placement/Hot Spot documents located on the In-Store Web
- Maintains cleanliness and ensure washrooms are stock with proper items throughout the shift ie. toilet paper/paper towel
QUALIFICATIONSPlanning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Ensures standards of housekeeping and store image are maintained
- Complies with all Health and Safety requirements: supervises employees to ensure correct work procedures are followed, communicates hazard information and control procedures, consults employees and provides feedback to management, cooperates with Health and Safety committee or representative, holds accountable any employees reporting to them.
- May be asked to perform clerical and banking duties
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed in the store
- Perform other duties as required including Cashier duties when necessary
- Runs the end of day for the POS system
- Responsible for opening and closing the store as per key holder duties (as required)
- Independent thinking as it relates to organizing store
- Problem solving is essential to ensure customer satisfaction
- Plan work to maximize efficiency and minimize costs
- Stock appropriate inventory levels
- Customer service oriented
- Computer literate
- Efficient time management skills
- Familiarity with retail business
- Knowledge of products and supplies
- Commitment to providing customer service
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values - Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence - guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits - these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada's Top Employers.Employment Type:
Full timeType of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. Please Note:
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.