20 Lake Ave, St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, A1A1H4
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you. Why is this role important?
As day-to-day partner with the business, trusted confidant and colleague advocate, the HR Business Partner works with District Managers, Store Leaders and their teams within corporate operations to define and implement people strategies that are aligned with business plans, company culture and values. This role supports and enhances the organizations Human Resources by providing generalist expertise across all functional areas of HR (colleague engagement, employee/labour relations, staffing, talent management, compliance, total rewards, leadership development, etc.) to enable business results.What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Support the delivery and deployment of HR programs and processes and participate in coaching and guiding in functional and cross-functional initiatives (Performance Management, Compensation, Succession Planning, Engagement Survey and the Performance Review Cycle)
- Responsible for day-to-day Labour Relations support, including interpretation and administration of the CBA, grievance responses and Employer-Union relationship management
- Provide guidance, direction and advice to the client (District Manager, Store Management) regarding employment related issues including but not limited to the interpretation of company policies & procedures, recruitment & selection strategy, performance management, terminations, strategic planning, training & development and benefits administration; collective agreement administration and labour relations
- Provide coaching & support management on leadership development, talent and performance management, change and people management issues & communication
- Prepare for arbitrations, mediations and negotiations to ensure LR and business are aware of trends and issues
- Partner with the recruitment team and the business to develop proactive strategies to address the staffing needs of the client and to ensure the client group is fully staffed with a diverse workforce
- Partner with the business and Specialist groups on finding alternative ways to incent colleagues to drive performance - input into long term rewards and retention strategy (i.e. Pay for performance)
- Recognize barriers to success and facilitate proactive dispute resolution that supports a performance driven culture. Uses judgment supported by human resource acumen and practical experience to escalate matters as required.
- Contribute to continuous improvement & best practices to influence human resources strategies
- Ensure that the interests of colleagues and company are considered in accordance with HR policies and applicable government laws and regulations - i.e. ESA, Human Rights Code, Labour Code
How You'll Succeed:
- 5 to 7 years of progressive HR experience or equivalent combination of education and human resources experience with demonstrated knowledge in the area of client relation management; LR experience and asset
- CHRP designation or post graduate degree preferred
- Highly effective and persuasive personality, be a team player and leader and an excellent facilitator of action planning
- Must be strategic, have a good professional presence, and possess strong planning and organizational skills and experience leading projects.
- Ability to interact with all levels with comprehensive consultative, partnering, facilitating, and influencing/negotiating skills
- Strong integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information.
- Strong analytic skills and superior ability to problem-solve
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter, requiring little direction
- Solid computer skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
- Experience in a retail environment is an asset
- Travel required
- Bilingual (French/ English) preferred
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us. Employment Type:
Full timeType of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.