Vancouver, Winnipeg, Calgary, Regina or YellowknifeThe Opportunity:
You'll be part of our dynamic infrastructure team, using your skills as an Engineer to design and partner on major Infrastructure projects in Canada and international locations.A day in the life:
WSP's Earth & Environmental Applied Solutions (EEAS) team is seeking an Intermediate Construction Project Engineer to join it's national Construction Engineering team.
The role involves working as part of a team of construction engineering professionals working across Canada with projects located nationally and overseas. Our multidisciplinary team provides an array of services including detailed engineering design, development of construction specification packages, contract administration, contract management and general contracting services for a very diverse clientele. The wide range of projects may include new construction, building and infrastructure decommissioning and demolition, heavy civil and earthmoving projects, landfill and mine closure, remediation, and complex environmental capping construction. We are very active in the nuclear industry as well. This position is perfect for someone who is looking for a challenging but exciting role when no two days are ever the same.A day in the life of this position include, but are not limited to:
What you'll bring to WSP:
- Developing detailed engineering design and specification packages.
- Supporting with project scope development, work instruction planning (WIP's), project planning, phasing and scheduling.
- Working with stakeholders to ensure constructible project delivery and assisting with constructability reviews.
- Project management of engineering and contract administration projects.
- Working with estimating and procurement professionals to develop scopes of work and providing support to estimating and procurement activities as necessary.
- Preparing detailed engineering and construction cost estimates.
- Assisting team in the preparation of proposals and presentations to promote services.
- Participation and implementation of project health and safety, with support from the operational and corporate H&S team.
- Project scheduling.
- Working with field staff to resolve technical and constructability issues.
- Chairing meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Assisting senior staff with business development and client management
As a successful candidate, you will possess the following qualities, strengths, and requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering and Management, Mining Engineering, Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (minimum 3 years of licensed practice), with ability to be licensed in any province or territory in Canada, if required.
- Experience in building construction, road construction, linear infrastructure construction, and / or decommissioning and demolition. Design-build experience in building construction (Part 3 of the National Building Code) is an asset.
- Demonstrable knowledge of means and methods of construction with the ability to provide detailed sequential descriptions of how to execute work.
- Verifiable experience in the development of engineering design and specification packages as part of a cohesive multidisciplinary engineering team. Knowledge of 50 division National Master Specification (NMS) is considered an asset.
- Demonstrable experience in planning projects from site visits along with scopes of work planned out by senior consultants in a wide variety of disciplines.
- Experience in project management and contract administration of a wide variety of construction and demolition projects.
- Experienced in estimating, project scheduling, project phasing, cost control and contract administration. Candidates should be proficient with MS Project. Knowledge and experience with Primavera P6 is considered an asset.
- Creativity and a willingness to learn new things and expand horizons.
- Experience liaising with clients and consultants in the support of the project and in management of site staff and subcontractors.
- Quick learner, self-starter and highly motivated.
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal and interpersonal). Please provide a technical writing sample with CV.
- Proficient communication, reading and writing skills in French, or other languages at a professional level is a strong asset.
- Available for 50% business travels and extended working hours as required in Canada and internationally.
- We are flexible on your home base location.
Expected Salary (all locations): $72,600 - $123,400
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Management and Executive