In this role, IT Vendor Manager, Technology Vendors, will focus on maximizing value and return on investments from strategic technology providers. You will establish and develop strong relationships with strategic vendors to ensure contract adherence and expected performance, while driving continuous improvement and innovative approaches to service delivery. You will effectively partner with IT Delivery, IT Operations, Procurement, and Finance to optimize our vendor portfolio and develop the Vendor Management Strategy for WSP's strategic technology vendors.A day in the life...
As the IT Vendor Manager, Technology Vendors
, you will manage all IT technology vendors on behalf of WSP. This will include a core focus on the following key elements:
1. Vendor Strategy
- Act as a trusted advisor and SPOC to stakeholders for vendor related matters - assessment, sourcing, costs, contracts, issues/disputes
- Provide critical contribution to vendor strategy for existing vendors, new contracts or change of vendors.
- Establish the process to collect, consolidate, and communicate vendor agreements and share updates tied to contracts, performance, risk, major initiatives, etc.
- Segment and rationalize the vendor portfolio so that appropriate focus can be applied to the most strategically important vendor relationships/engagements.
- Support M&A activities for matters related to vendor contract integration and optimization.
2. Vendor Selection
- Collaborate with Corporate Procurement, and IT teams on vendor selection and contract negotiations. Critical contributor to contract terms and conditions including performance and governance.
- Communicate contract summary and relevant details to key stakeholders in the organization.
3. Contract Management and Vendor Governance
- Collaborate with vendors and Procurement on planning for new contracts and upcoming renewals. Stay ahead of vendor/contract life cycle events to maximize value of contracts.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert and internal reference point for IT vendor contracts, amendments and SOWs, and contractual correspondence.
- Act as relationship SPOC for vendors on contractual reviews, updates, or issues/disputes.
- Oversee contract and service delivery results. Maintain performance scorecard results and apply contractual financial elements for missed performance objectives.
- Collaborate with vendors on driving continuous improvement and value-creating approaches to service delivery, technology utilization and cost optimization.
- Ensure WSP contract obligations are executed.
- Track and address consumption/entitlement licensing for high volume contracts.
- Perform analysis to optimize costs for vendor purchases and consumption.
- Support vendor risk management processes based on operational and contract security requirements.
4. Vendor Relationship Management
- Maintain dedicated relationships for assigned vendors.
- Chair monthly contract governance reviews and track outcomes.
- Coordinate Executive Relationship Management sessions (e.g., QBR, Annual Executive Relationship Management).
- Act as entry point for large scale trials, partnerships, and proposals.
5. Vendor Management Office Evolution
We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
- Contribute to the evolution of the Vendor Management Office framework of policies, processes, and responsibilities including development and reporting of metrics.
- Collect, consolidate, and analyze vendor contracts and annual spend.
- Segment and rationalize the vendor portfolio so that appropriate focus can be applied to the most strategically important vendor relationships/engagements while supporting specific needs for tactical or legacy vendors.
- A minimum of three years experience in vendor management or a related field (eg asset management, IT outsourcer management, sourcing and procurement, contract management)
- Well versed in the oversight of vendors/third parties, including, but not limited to, policies, performance, vendor risk, relationships, contracts (including negotiations), and issue and dispute resolution
- Broad awareness of the IT industry and the products and services provided by technology vendors. High level of understanding of one or more of the following: Microsoft Azure and E365, Network and data centre infrastructure, ERP software, IT management software and hardware.
- Understanding of the vendor life cycle (sourcing, procurement, vendor management), and how internal roles interact and operate throughout the duration of vendor engagements.
- Solid grasp of financial concepts and budget planning and management.
- Ability to effectively interpret and act on data and analytics, particularly with regard to trends in vendor performance and reporting, and product utilization.
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate with internal clients and stakeholders.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Global Inc.