Work with our incredibly talented creative team to support Redbrick and our four portfolio companies!
Redbrick is headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and WSÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly 'people-first' culture. Ours is a place where you're given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Redbrick:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching
- People-first' culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won't find any micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- State-of-the-art and centrally located offices (Victoria & Minneapolis)
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment - in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility; opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Employee sponsored financial wellness program
- Monthly fitness reimbursements & and annual bike-to-work reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, we've scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established companies, and growing them to super-scaled profitability - all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
"I've learned and grown so much since working at Redbrick. Collaborating with a diverse portfolio of companies means there is never a lack of variety in the work. The team is full of amazing, supportive people whom I truly enjoy spending time with. I appreciate how Redbrick values work-life balance, so I can enjoy life and pursue external interests without ever feeling burnt out."
- Amee, Redbrick
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we provide our team with the freedom and flexibility to work where they work best. Most of our team enjoys a blend of remote and in-office work. In-office time brings many perks, and we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You need to know what you're signing up for before you sign up, right? As Junior Designer at Redbrick (and its portfolio of companies) you will:
- Conceptualize and execute designs for various platforms such as websites, web apps, social media, advertisements, presentations, videos, events and more.
- Work closely with other designers, marketers, writers, and developers to understand project objectives, business requirements, and constraints.
- Design mockups, prototypes, and storyboards and present them to the team for feedback and improvement.
- Communicate your ideas, designs, and reasoning behind them.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices
- Have a good understanding of digital web design principles such as UI, UX, CSS, and HTML to create responsive, accessible and user-friendly web experiences
- Ensure consistency with existing brand standards and style guides.
- Keep design systems and assets organized and make improvements as necessary.
After 1 week
- You will be onboarded to the design, marketing, and shared service team and introduced to our portfolio of brands
- You will begin building a rapport with your direct reports and team
- You will have completed your first design task
After 1 month
- You will be familiar with our brands and design initiatives
- You will understand our design process, tools and task management system, and have completed several smaller design tasks
After 6 months
- You will feel confident in your role, have a strong understanding of key design objectives and how you will help achieve them
- You will have worked on a several design projects from ideation to completion
- You will have a strong rapport with your direct team, as well as with designers, directors, marketers, and developers from our portfolio companies
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We're curious, hungry, and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Junior Designe r with Redbrick, there are extra specialties we're on the lookout for:
- Experience with design software such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects)
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in graphic design or related field
- 1+ year of prior experience
- A portfolio of past design and creative projects
- Good command over design techniques, layout and visual elements
- Excellent communication, time management and multitasking skills
- Creative thinking with attention to detail
- Self-starter who can work independently and with a team
- Ability to receive and implement constructive criticism
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
experience with motion design. What you will receive from us:
- Experience working on a variety of design projects
- Experience with design software and systems
- Opportunity to work with experienced professionals in the industry
- Exposure to different aspects of the design industry
- Opportunity to advance in a design career
If you're picking up what we're putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Apply with your cover letter and resume and links to your website or portfolio. Please apply here: https://rdbrck.bamboohr.com/careers/194
2. Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you'd be a good fit for our team.
3. Be sure to follow us on Facebook , Linkedin , Twitter , and Instagram for all that is happening at Redbrick!
Redbrick is committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong. Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Junior Level
Creative and Graphic Design