Permanent Reference code
:110181 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Greater Toronto Area, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Burlington; MississaugaOur Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cutting edge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?What will your typical day look like?
About the team
- Partner closely with stakeholders to identify high-impact applications of data to solve meaningful business problem
- Identify, mine, and analyze med and large size datasets to unearth insights that drive new business value for clients
- Develop robust statistical and machine learning models and implement processes to evaluate, automate and improve model performance
- Lead efforts with various functions to test, deploy and iterate on data science solutions
- Build, execute, and evaluate A/B tests
- Manages the progress of projects by tracking activity, resolving issues, and recommending actions
- Provides senior management and project management with regular updates on deliverable timeline and project status
- Analyzes data and collaborates with leadership and technical teams to identify potential insights to drive decision making
- Responds proactively to both business and project issues and escalates appropriately.
- Train other data scientists in area of expertise
- Provide feedback to improve the quality of data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data (e.g. this could involve cross-checking of different sources and validating the correlation between them)
- Distills qualitative and quantitative insight to communicate compelling stories
- Collaborates with Functional and Technical teams to gain understanding of business problems, technical solutions to develop data science solutions
- Assists in the documentation of requirements, use cases, user stories required to ensure data science solutions are developed and tested to meet fit intended purpose, meet business needs and are operationally sustainable.
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Experience working with SQL to manipulate medium/large data sets from multiple sources
- Ability to process complex data sets through scripting language (such as R, Python) or other method
- Ability to perform exploratory data analysis to discover interesting trends and relationships
- Experience applying statistical modeling, machine learning, NLP, and other quantitative techniques to solve business problems
- Possess understanding of and ability to communicate statistics to experts and non-experts
- Creative thinker who has proven ability to innovate through data exploration and application of solutions
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires flexibility and multi-tasking
- Ability to take initiative and work with high level of independence
- Strong technical and remote collaboration skills are a must
- Excellent organization, analytical, and planning skills
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and cross-functional teams and ability to coordinate across teams in a large matrix organization environment
- Strong relationship building and consulting skills
- Fosters a climate conducive to establishing positive working relationships with clients and cross functional team members
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Fluency in one or more scripting language (such as R, Python, Octave)
- Experience using data visualization tools (such as Power BI, Tableau, ggplot2, matplotlib, D3.js)
- Understanding of concepts, terminology, and measurement issues related to web and mobile app traffic (optional)
- Familiarity with SharePoint (optional)
- Familiarity with Hadoop, HBase, Hive or MapReduce or Spark (optional)
Education & Experience
Our shared values
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience with focus on advanced analytics and predictive modeling.
- Masters in a quantitative or data-related field (Statistics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, etc.)
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by [insert date]
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Data Management, Developer, Data Analyst, Computer Science, Consulting, Data, Technology
Management and Executive