Permanent Primary Location:
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
We are looking for qualified, motivated individuals to join our team in St. John's (NF). In this role you will have the opportunity to work with a very talented group of Tax professionals on a variety of interesting and challenging tax issues A career in Tax will offer you the opportunity to:
Your role as a manager at Deloitte:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field;
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients;
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path;
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements. As a Manager, you will:
- Manage a team responsible for providing senior tax guidance to help our clients achieve tax savings;
- Examine tax provisions and prepare opinions and other tax documents;
- Supervise the preparation of tax returns;
- Identify and define new opportunities for additional tax services;
- Organize and execute client engagements while performing the role of senior business advisor;
- Develop your expertise in an area of specialization;
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs;
- Actively mentor and coach new tax specialists to help them achieve their full potential.
- Embrace and live the firm's purpose - to make an impact that matters - by pushing yourself and your team to identify solutions to challenges that are most important for our clients, people, and society
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, and align people to them to set appropriate priorities and direction
External Posting Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience;
- Undergraduate degree;
- Completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course or Masters in taxation;
- Accounting designation an asset;
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written);
- Demonstrated commitment to professional and client service excellence;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven skills in delivering the full cycle of project management accountabilities;
- Experience with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision-making, documentation, management of client expectations, and team leadership;
- Experience with business development and practice building;
- Ability to anticipate the long-term impact of all decisions and take a comprehensive approach to problem-solving;
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply