Amazon ElastiCache is a massive at-scale in-memory data store powering some of the top companies around the world. At AWS, we build some of the largest distributed systems in the world and we are looking for top talent to help deliver the next best-in-class service for our customers.
We are looking out for a leader who is passionate about solving some of the tough challenges in distributed systems, and building highly talented teams. In this role, you will seed a new team chartered to deliver software to enable new use cases for Amazon ElastiCache. You will be responsible for delivering foundational software to grow the business over the next decade.
You are expected to draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will manage a team of engineers and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scalable systems, design new software systems at the forefront of distributed database technology and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
As a manager of software development in AWS, you will part of the larger technical leadership community that forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employeeled affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years in developing software
- 5+ years in engineering people management position
- Candidates must have a strong computer science background.
- Solid communication skills and ability to work well in a team are critical.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Hire, mentor and lead a software development team.
- Lead , implementation, and deployment of successful highly , large services.
- Responsible for identifying, commissioning and leading work on complex, large- systems that have a major impact on the entire company.
- Serve as a lead on demanding, multi-team, cross-functional projects.
- Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Play a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements. Help form long-term technical and business strategy and goals.
- Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming