Membership and Program Advisor
Membership and Program Advisor
The Membership and Program Advisor will report to the Food and Beverage Atlantic Executive Director
This is a unique, multi-faceted, career opportunity in a fast-paced membership based non-profit association. The Membership and Program Advisor will work with individuals such as, but not limited to, food and beverage manufacturing business leaders, suppliers, funders, and government officials.
The primary responsibility of the Membership and Program Advisor is to research and organize data which will be used to build and populate an online Industry Guidance Tool for food and beverage companies to use as a resource when sourcing support, service, partnerships, funding, etc. The individual in this role will also have the responsibility to advise food and beverage companies on how to use this tool once it is built and guide them through their searches. The Membership and Program Advisor will also be recruiting new members who will in turn, be able to benefit from the online Industry Guidance Tool and other supports through the association.
This position is for a 2-year contact with renewable term based on funding.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Serve as a specialist for the Food and Beverage manufacturing ecosystem through relationship and network building
- Reach out to members, and potential members, to populate the database and recruit new members
- Act as a liaison for the membership and industry partners to help find solutions to growth-related questions.
- Create and maintain accuracy of organizational profiles on a new platform/database by adding basic organization information (organization name, primary establishment, main contact, initial products and services classification)
- Encourage members to use digital resources provided by the association and provide training as needed
- Provide timely responses by phone, email, or video to members who have questions about the platform
- Create and submit reports and analytics based on database content.
- Achieve the growth and development objectives based on critical path, set in collaboration with the association Executive Director
- Present strategies aimed to achieve goals
- Ensure digital and paper records are accurate, organized, and secure
- Monitor, follow up, evaluate, and problem-solve in conjunction with association staff and members
- Disseminate and distribute information with association staff and members
- Identify and communicate new outreach strategies for the association
- Remain current within the food and beverage processing ecosystem
A post-secondary credential with focus on communications and/or project management is required. In lieu of a credential, five years of experience demonstrating incremental growth may be considered.
Professional certification in Project Management will be considered an asset.
- A minimum of five years’ experience involving communications and project management is required.
- Experience in the food & beverage processing industry will be considered an asset
- Experience with CRM platform(s) will be considered an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 is required.
- Strong customer service and communication skills are required.
- The ability to clearly communicate in person, via telephone, and video.
- Keen ability to initiate contact and build relationships with both fellow team members, existing/new members, potential members and industry.
- Resourceful and able to identify challenges and present solutions both independently and in a team settings.
- Excellent digital and home-office based organizational skills.
- Autonomous and self-disciplined
- The ability to communicate in both French and English will be considered an asset
- Enjoys research and finding new solutions and opportunities for members and the association
- Demonstrates initiative to support members and the mission of Food and Beverage Atlantic.
Based on qualifications and experience
37.5 hours per week
Home-based in Newfoundland
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 31, 2021