Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, 4th Floor Vancouver, BC V6B 0M3, Amazon Data Services Canada, Inc
Salary range: $114,800 - $191,800 commensurable with experience
Language requirement: English
Amazon is looking for best in class Network Dev Engineers to help operate, automate and support one of the world's largest and most complex networks.
As a Network Dev Engineer II, your key responsibilities will include:
• Be responsible for the operational support of our global DWDM infrastructure;
• Drive current DWDM network designs to meet the demand of our customers;
• Create and automate processes that help operate and support our DWDM network;
• Work closely with other Networking team on operational escalations and support;
• Work with in-house software engineers in developing additional in-house monitoring and reporting tools on the DWDM platforms;
• Ensure that the DWDM network adheres to the defined network standards;
• Review and implement changes on the DWDM network;
• Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our DWDM network quality and reliability;
• Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions day to day on our network;
• Automate the AWS optical device and networks.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical engineering, Computer Science or a related field;
• 5+ years of optical networking experience, working with major DWDM platforms;
• 1+ year of optical network design experience;
• 1+ years of operational support of large DWDM networks;
All applicants must meet all qualifications listed above.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units.
While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include: • Health Care • Savings Plans • Income Protection • Paid Time Off • Signing Bonuses • Employee Stock Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics