EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
The PFA is a member of a high performing and mixed rank PFA team led by the Region's PFA Lead. The PFA will be part of an extended global PFA network, focused on improving margin performance and is at the forefront of finance and business policies, tools and best practices to effectively support Client Servers (CS).
The PFA will be aligned to a Service Line (SL) and play a leading role, teaming closely with other finance and cross-functional teams to meet the needs of the SL. They will have a deep understanding of the SL's financial performance with a strong focus on margin, leveraging their insights to shape initiatives and strategies that will lead to improved performance.
The PFA is an expert in advising PPEDs and their teams on how to optimize margin at a pursuit, engagement or portfolio level where there is the greatest complexity and materiality, drawing on strong commercial, financial and consulting skills. Your key responsibilities
Fully integrated member of the PFA team
• Provides deep business insight related to margin, revenue recognition and inventory performance
• Focuses on scenarios and portfolios that are most complex, unique and material in nature
• Works closely with the PFA lead to shape solutions and/or drive ad-hoc projects that improve support and advice to CS
• Shares forward-looking margin and business insights gained from working closely with CS and other PFAs to ensure SL leadership are equipped with the knowledge to drive better business decisions
• Teams with other PFAs and members of the finance organization, as well as with cross-functional teams, to foster positive and collaborative relationships, share knowledge, agree priorities and shape strategies that will improve performance
• Works closely with the PFA Lead to shape training strategies to strengthen the broader markets finance team's competencies to ensure exceptional client service
Drives continuous improvement
• Proactively shape new solutions, implement best practices and processes to optimize financial performance
• Shares knowledge, collaborates and drives business focus within the markets finance teams
• Develops and maintains a SL network across the global PFA community to share and develop solutions and best practices
• Stays up-to-date with the firm's latest policies, processes and tools to propose recommendations where appropriate
• Analyzes and consumes significant levels of data to form and communicate a crisp view of SL margin performance, both historic and forward looking
• Provides financial modelling and advice to support pricing decisions which optimize margin and overall financial performance
• Ability to assess drivers of complex financial performance at either an engagement or portfolio level which help to pinpoint root causes with outcomes that derive opportunities for improvement Skills and attributes for success
Financial, business and commercial acumen
• Proven financial and commercial acumen of advising on complex and/or material scenarios
• Strong knowledge of EY's financial tools and processes
• Ability to synthesize detailed knowledge into focused insights and actionable recommendations
• Robust understanding of financial and commercial drivers and interdependencies
• Drives interactions that quickly builds trust
• Able to tailor their knowledge to the specific needs of a situation they are required to advise on
• Ability to look at issues from a client server perspective, understanding the commercial pressures they face
• Strong awareness of leadership needs and focus to provide effective advice and recommendations to CS
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Presents and communicates clearly, concisely and persuasively through both verbal and presentation skills
• Able to recognize and flex their personal style to influence and collaborate with stakeholders
• Developed and led the implementation of an initiative that has led to improved financial performance
• Focus on how best to enable CS and stakeholders that results in business benefits
• Demonstrates deep knowledge of the firms' and/or SL tools, processes and policies and able to impart this knowledge in an effective manner To qualify for the role you must have
• Completion of a four year college degree (e.g. Bachelor's degree) is required to perform this position.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience is preferred to perform this position. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive Operations and Logistics