Line of Service
Entrepreneurial & Private Business (EPB) - GeneralManagement Level
AssociateJob Description & Summary
A career in our Accounting and Tax Reporting practice, within Private Company Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory services to resolve their day-to-day business issues and to help them achieve long-term success. You will advise clients on their local tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant, and will help them manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. Our team helps our clients with accounting and complex tax reporting. You will focus on planning and executing notice to reader and review engagements; drafting and filing local financial statements; reviewing personal trust and corporate income tax returns, and other tax reporting forms; and will assist with year-end planning and bookkeeping.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
At the Administrative level, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Consistently deliver on multiple commitments.
- Flex approach to meet the changing needs of teams and clients.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Learn about business needs are changing and consider the impact on services provided.
- Take action to stay up to date with the evolution and impact of technology developments.
- Adapt communication style to meet the needs of the situation and audience.
- Anticipate the needs of others and take appropriate action.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
· Compilation of client information and working paper file preparation, including preparing reconciliations and continuity schedules
· Preparation of personal income tax returns (T1s) which would include terminal returns
· Preparation of trust income tax returns (T3s)
· Following-up on Notices of (Re) Assessments
· Updating of tracking spreadsheet consisting of client files and corresponding deadlines
· Communication with clients to obtain outstanding information required to complete personal and trust income tax returns
· An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
· Accounting diploma or degree from a College or University is desired, but not required (transcripts will be requested if applicable)
· Solid accounting skills (familiarity with accounting for investments and stock portfolios is an asset)
· Ability to manage client deliverables (personal and trust tax returns)
· Computer software knowledge and experience (Excel, Quickbooks, Sage, Caseware and Taxprep knowledge is an asset);
· Proactive and takes ownership for self-development
· Can work independently and critically think through and resolve issues
· Team Player
· Good organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and multi task
· Ability to work in a consistently fast-paced environment; learn quickly and to meet tight deadlines
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy of work
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with clients and their advisors (brokers, lawyers) on a professional level
· Willing to work overtime when necessary
Why you'll love working for PwC
We want you to love every (if not, almost every) minute of your career, having said this, we get it. Each life stage we go through comes with a new set of priorities and demands. This is why we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits, so regardless of your situation, there's something for everyone.
Leading benefits for our permanent staff include: A competitive compensation package
Sponsored investments, pensions and saving plans with matching firm contributions
PwC FlexBenefits, for personalised medical & dental coverage, including enhanced mental health benefit
Every day recognition and real time appreciation through our rewards and recognition program
Dress for your day with our flexible dress environment
Health, wellness and fitness perks
Family-friendly benefits, including maternity and parental leave policies and support networks to help you prepare for your successful return to work
Back-up child and elder care support
Career defining project work and international experience
Development opportunities including learning on the job, formal learning, learning from others and access to "Vantage" our digital learning system
Award winning programs including "Women in Leadership" and "Enhanced Pursuit Program"
A coach to help develop skills, diversify experiences and achieve career aspirations
See how you can create your future at PwC:
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Up to 20%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.