Reporting to the Director of Guest Experience;
- Develop and implement programming for guests of Fogo Island Inn
- Research and understand relevant comparable programming and properties in Fogo Island Inn competitive set
- Build relationships to strengthen Fogo Island Inn’s offerings for new and returning guests
- Work with on-site teams (community hosting, outdoor guides, guest services, etc.) to ensure delivering of programming and upholding of Fogo Island Inn guests experience standards.
- Develop and implement cultural programming for guests of Fogo Island Inn
- Work with Community Hosting team and Community Hosts to ensure program delivery
- Liaise with other organizations/initiatives under Shorefast umbrella (e.g. Fogo Island Arts, Punt Premises, etc.) to develop holistic guest experience reflective of Shorefast’s mission
- Work with colleagues to strengthen Fogo Island Inn signature programming (e.g. Island Orientations) while devising and implementing new experiences in collaboration with team members.
- Manage teams that deliver guest programming, including ensuring adequate scheduling to meet guest/occupancy needs
- Oversee sourcing of goods required to deliver programming, including outdoor gear.
Skills and Experience
Training & Experience
- Minimum high school diploma, post-secondary education preferred.
- Managerial experience essential; 5+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Extensive customer service experience essential
- Experience in a tourism environment preferred
Position Specific Skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with, and passion for outdoor adventure
- Proven ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders and colleagues; strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- A high degree of organization and ability to coordinate among multiple items
Personal Skills & Interests
- Passion for people
- Exceptional communication skills
- Sensitivity to the culture of rural Newfoundland & Labrador
- Passion for community business and commitment to upholding the vision and mission of Fogo Island Inn & Shorefast
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Benefits package
- Great organizational culture
- Opportunities to advance
- Possible relocation and shared housing assistance (position based on Fogo Island, NL)
Hospitality and Tourism