FLEXIBLE LOCATIONS IN TORONTO, MONTREAL OR CALGARY OFFICE The Opportunity:
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, a Planner/Scheduler will be a support to the project manager in planning, scheduling, management of changes, project monitoring, and project controls reporting. The successful candidate will be required to generate initial schedules, develop detailed schedules, and create schedule impact scenarios (before and after), maintain baselines, provide inputs to schedule variance analysis as well as support the business development team with planning / scheduling needs during proposals development.
As a member of national ERI group, you will be given opportunities to apply your education and experience on complex projects. You will be challenged to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines, and maintain very high quality. You will gain knowledge through mentorship and skills development, fast-track your professional development to become a strong project control analyst with the potential for a PMP designation.
WSP supports employees as we all adjust to flexible work arrangements and flexible work locations. The expectation is that new members of the team will be supported to work a hybrid model involving a minimum of 2 days in the office, based on project requirements. WPS has several offices throughout the country, and relocation should not be required. Occasional travelling may be required at time.A day in the life:
What you'll bring to WSP
- Effectuate overall project planning, for the entire project lifecycle, for EP/EPCM/EPC projects
- Lead Interactive planning session(s) with the project team to establish a Performance Measurement Baseline
- Create, adjust, and assess resource loading / leveling
- Develop a different level of schedule for the project as well as supporting the business development group during the proposal phase.
- Perform critical path analysis to determine which deliverable have floated and which cannot slip schedule.
- Manage internal and external client expectations and coach other team members in effective negotiation.
- Ability to work with an internal and external client to create integrated EPC/client schedules;
- Timely identification, notification, optimization, and recording of schedule scenarios supporting trends items that have the potential for future impact within project scope;
- Assisting in the improvement of the management of changes procedures;
- Provide technical support and work collaboratively with Project Managers to ensure that the project schedule scenarios (what-if) are developed to satisfaction;
- Define WBS and generate master schedule baseline for engineering, procurement, and construction activities
- Work in close collaboration with other departments to prepare consistent and accurate inputs/outputs
- Convey an understanding of project evolution and serve as a preventative mechanism for unforeseen cost and schedule impacts
- Create project staffing plan and project hours to ensure necessary resources are available and appropriately assigned for both approved and proposed work;
- Identify the impact of the project trends for cost and schedule, provide most accurate total impacts by ensuring the inclusion of all cost categories (engineering, material, equipment, construction) and schedule impacts;
- Ensure all project/discipline related risks are raised;
- Record risk items, update, and maintain risk register
- Five to seven years' experience as a Planner/Scheduler for Mining, Oil & Gas, Heavy industrial, Power or other larges project types.
- Must be experienced with Primavera P6 to an advance level and still be hands on / practicing the skill
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Must master the earned Value Management guiding principles
- Must be flexible and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Valuable experience in planning is considered an asset
- Understanding management of changes implications
- Attention to detail is critical
- Bilingual (French/English) is considered a strong asset
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Management and Executive