REFRESHED Posting #:
2021-887712 ONA Position:
Registered Nurse (x5) Department
: Medical Surgical Care Unit Status:
PermanentPart-time (Must provide availability of up to 0.6 FTE) Hours:
Monday - Sunday - Various rotating 12 hour shifts (hourssubject to change based on operational requirements) Site:
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of ourcommunity's growing and aging population. We are adistinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
Halton Healthcare's vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always , goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always! This is what you'll be doing:
The successful incumbent will provide safe, evidence-informed quality nursing care to an acute medical and surgical patient population by combining interpersonal communication with clinical knowledge and skills.
- Ability to function to the full scope of practice as per CNO
- Demonstrate the ability to competently assess the patient, intervene appropriately and evaluate outcomes
- Demonstrate the knowledge, experience and ability to provide care for patients with a variety of needs including but not limited to: initiation and maintenance of IV's, administration of medication delivered via various routes, blood and blood product administration, patient controlled analgesia, TPN care and maintenance of CVADs, capillary blood glucose monitoring, NG tubes, chest tubes, enteral feeds, wound management, oxygen therapy and tracheostomies
- Be able to provide appropriate care to pre-operative and post-operative patient
- Ability to interpret normal and abnormal telemetry strips
- Ability to interpret normal and abnormal laboratory values with appropriate nursing interventions
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and organize the delivery of care in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the RN as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate efficiently, effectively and respectfully to patients, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing patient-centered and family-centered care
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing education
This is what you'll need to do it:
- Ability to fulfill the charge role for break coverage and on night shift
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire
- Recent medical/surgical experience in an acute care setting required
- Coronary Care I is required within 6 months of hire
- Previous cardiac monitoring experience preferred
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing education
- Preference will be given to those with telemetry experience
- Physical Assessment Course is an asset
- Strong patient assessment skills required
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently in a rapidly changing environment
- Team player with strong public relations and organizational skills
- Caring, compassionate, customer focused attitude towards patients and families
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of this position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
$33.90 to$48.53 per hour Date Refreshed
: November 26, 2021 Note for internals:
Initial internal deadline passed. New applicants welcome to apply.
Please apply if you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are. Please submit your application via our website atwww.haltonhealthcare.com
directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Actand theOntario Human Rights Code,Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process.If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.