** This role can be done remotely from anywhere in Canada or the United States. **
As our SFI UX Developer,
you will provide technical expertise and implementation skills for specific technical objectives within a workstream. You will demonstrate expertise related to emerging web technologies, web-based integrations, prototyping, database-driven content, and web-based user interfaces. You will learn, analyze, and apply new technologies quickly to implement technical deliverables, and you will collaborate on advanced technical consultative services throughout the duration of a delivery engagement including core Salesforce components (e.g. objects, workflows, LWC, etc.) and SFI capabilities (OmniScripts, Cards, Industry-specific Applications, etc.) with an emphasis on web application technologies (AngularJS, HTML, CSS, etc.).
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence, and then skills. Here's what we mean by that: Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community, and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work, and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done." Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- 3+ years of hands-on development utilizing the programmatic framework of the Force.com Platform including Mobile, SSO, and API's to enterprise systems
- 1+ years of hands-on development utilizing the SFI/Vlocity managed package framework, including Cards, Flex Cards, and Lightning Web Components
- Competency in the Vlocity platform including EPC, CPQ, CLM, OM, OmniScript, DataRaptor, Consoles, Process Engines, Clickstream Analytics, and Mobile
- Professional experience in a test-driven and formal QA development environment
- Knowledge of Agile development practices, particularly scrum and sprint-based delivery
- Familiarity in Salesforce Sharing Visibility and Access
- Exposure to Web Services, Soap & REST APIs, and integrations with various third-party tools preferred
- Experience with Version Control Systems (especially Git-based) preferred
- Familiarity with Jira and/or other Agile Lifecycle Management tools preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce DX a plus
- Familiarity with Copado and/or other Continuous Integration tools a plus
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
- Application development across the entire SFI platform including EPC, CPQ, CLM, OM, OmniScript, DataRaptor, Consoles, Process Engines, Clickstream Analytics, and Mobile
- Work with the customer and other team members to optimize and customize UI flows, web design, and web development.
- Advise UX Designer during wireframing and prototyping, ensuring that the design allows for development in SFI with minimal time and effort while exceeding the expectations of the client.
- Leverage the SFI toolkit, as well as web development tools.
- Assist in creating solutions for client and/or internal review
- Participate in client meetings to communicate project status and give demos of functionality
- Take on a leadership role in development workstreams
- Report on progress and blockers to scrum members on a daily basis and as needed
- Participate in daily code reviews to offer insight and ask questions
- Remain aware of timelines and budgeting to take care of requirements in a timely and appropriate manner; manage time effectively
- Abide by team coding standards, development processes, and best practices.
- Facilitate code-sharing and control by regularly submitting code to version control system
- Effectively collaborate with project team and client stakeholders on advanced technical concepts during the duration of a delivery engagement
- Work individually and with team members to achieve customer satisfaction and success
- Technical code must achieve passing rating during regular reviews
- Achieve and maintain Salesforce.com certification requirements (Platform Developer I required)
- Achieve and maintain Vlocity certification requirements (Platform Essentials and Platform Developer required)
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners, and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by using technology - salesforce.com, technology partners, and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography, and industry, and include some of the world's largest firms and not-for-profit organizations. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on the successful completion of background and reference checks.
Traction on Demand