Requisition ID: 107280
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you'll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client's thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You'll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client's life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you'll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
Purpose of Job: The Administrative Assistant role is to provide administrative support to one or more Advisors and their teams.
Ensures a High Level of Client Service by:
• Supporting the Advisor in the regular review of clients' portfolios in order to identify client needs for "Team of Experts" services.
• Reviewing the client portfolios to ensure they meet current or updated risk profiles and align with applicable investment program.
• Gathering research & product information from internal and external sources.
• Entering client trades as directed by client or Advisor.
• Remaining up-to-date with all regulatory rules and trading activities as it relates to client accounts.
Ensure Effective Client Administration by:
• Following up with clients on missing documentation required as per the industry regulatory requirements.
• Maintaining client files and information within appropriate systems.
• Checking daily trades and all system entries in accounts for timelines and accuracy of information.
• Responding to client inquiries in a timely, responsive manner.
• Resolving issues and executing client transactions promptly and accurately, escalating issues to Advisor when appropriate.
• Issuing instructions for client withdrawals, deposits, swaps, and transfers according to client or Advisor instructions.
• Ensuring all client interaction is accurately documented.
• Understanding the required documentation for all client account types.
• Ensuring all PortfolioAid queries are answered and closed.
Provide Marketing Assistance to the Advisor by:
• Identifying opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue within the existing client base by identifying new business development opportunities (i.e. referrals, consolidation of assets, insurance, etc...).
• Developing, distributing, and maintaining marketing materials.
• Organizing client events, including lunch & learns, seminars, and client appreciation initiatives.
• Maintaining and coordinating electronic marketing campaigns & initiatives.
• Managing the approval process for all marketing and mass communications.
Supporting the Growth of the Advisor by:
• Reviewing and reducing all restricted accounts.
• Managing the Bank referral process.
• Assisting in brainstorming and idea generation for new ways to grow the business.
• Reviewing the daily commission reports and following-up on unpaid commissions.
• Tracking Growth Bonus payments and follow-up.
• Preparing, analyzing and presenting reports, recommendations, financial plans & concepts, insurance, annual trading summaries, etc. to the Advisor for review.
• Providing recommendations for business process improvements, value-added ideas for clients, and ways to utilize ScotiaMcLeod's Team of Experts.
Contribute to the Effective Functioning of the Branch Team by:
• Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and business partners across the bank.
• Maintaining a high level of customer service and facilitating a culture of openness and honesty.
• Actively participating and contributing to team meetings and other touch-points with team members.
• Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches.
• Actively sharing knowledge and experience in order to enhance the development of all team members.
• Developing and executing meaningful employee development plans.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills, strong organizational skills, takes initiative and effectively works independently and strong ability to maintain deadlines.
• Understands industry and firm's compliance regulations & requirements.
• Ability to take direction well from Advisor(s) related to client trading activity.
• Canadian Securities Course Completion (CSC)
• Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH)
• Investment Representative Training (IRT)
• Post-Secondary Education
Location(s): Canada : Newfoundland and Labrador : St John's
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Secretary, Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Administrative, Finance, Technology, Legal