You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Are you a talented individual who provides exceptional customer service?
As a Senior Accountant you will provide a service that represents a high-value mark for our firm, helping companies assess their risk as they work to ensure transparency across their operations. Working out of KPMG's St. John's office, this role will necessitate the successful candidate being a well-rounded professional, as they will be leading engagements, mentoring junior staff, and developing close and productive working relationships with clients. What you will do
- Conduct financial statement audits for small to large private, public sector and not-for-profit entities as well as public companies.
- Assist with developing the audit plan and executing the audit of financial statements and notes thereto.
- Identify, analyze, document and conclude on accounting issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management, including scheduling work and being a first point of contact.
- Lead engagement teams, while providing coaching and mentoring to junior staff members.
At times, business needs arise, and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- Obtained or currently working toward CPA designation. Successful completion of Common Final Examination (CFE) preferred.
- A minimum of at least two years' of audit experience in a public accounting setting (no industry specialization required)
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as you will be a central point of contact for clients.
- Effectively monitoring multiple or complex projects regularly to check how they are progressing against deadlines.
- Excellent client service with an aptitude for understanding the clients' business, and maintaining strong relationships.
- Dedication to achieving high standards of client service and professional conduct in the performance of duties.
- Using previous experience and technical knowledge to the benefit of the client.
- Effective use of a range of techniques to analyze an issue.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. #LI-ER1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com