Are you adaptable and hardworking with 5 years progressive experience in finance or a tax related position in multi-national enterprise? Do you have proven experience with sales tax returns and liaising and collaborating with IT on large scale projects? As a Sr. Analyst you will be the go-to person for implementing and maintaining sales tax technology systems and providing sales tax technology support on key business system initiatives.
Who- the Company:
Exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing international Vancouver based company and one of Vancouver’s finest! They are a people-centric organization and known for their collaborative team culture.
What- the Role:
Who – the Candidate:
- Implement and maintain the company’s sales tax technology framework.
- Work with the Financial Systems and IT teams to drive major upgrades to Vertex, the tax engine system.
- Provide sales tax technology support on key business initiatives, such as the multi-jurisdictional tax analysis of new products, retail concepts, new ecommerce websites and new ecommerce platforms.
- Sales technology support includes research and analysis of the sales tax requirements, solution design, user acceptance testing, and validation before management signoff.
- Collaborate as a strategic business partner, working with the Financial Systems and IT teams on all global sales tax issues and requirements.
- Prioritize and manage sales tax technology projects involving multiple cross-functional business partners and considering multiple finance and tax initiatives and/or requirements simultaneously.
- Set appropriate goals and deadlines, managing resource requirements, regularly monitoring and communicating project status and seeing project through to completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology and or related discipline.
- Working toward or obtained a CPA designation is preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in a finance or tax related position of a multi-national enterprise.
- Experience with sales tax returns (GST/HST, PST, SUT, and/or VAT) and the tax compliance process.
- Experience with Oracle financial reporting systems is an asset.
- Experience with Vertex sales tax software application is an asset.
- Experience collaborating with IT on large scale projects through the entire software development lifecycle.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven team player but must also have the ability to work independently and deliver results.
- Strong computer and database/spreadsheet skills are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is required.
Competitive base salary, 4 weeks vacation, full benefits and a host of amazing perks!
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving very quickly, and interviews start immediately! Swim will be presenting short-listed candidates directly to the hiring team for consideration. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance