We are driven by our mission to help people manage their money, reach their goals, and lead happy, fulfilling lives. Our team is passionate about designing technology - like our banking app - that helps people understand their finances, make good decisions, and enjoy the journey along the way. We believe that everyone should have access to information, the ability to make good decisions, and the opportunity to be secure, supported and successful.
WHY WORK WITH US?
At Billi, we are a tight-knit team of curious, kind, and hard-working professionals that are consistently pushing the boundaries of technology and user experience. We are small and growing fast so your contributions will have immediate impact - you will move the needle with your work every day. We're backed by two of Canada's most successful venture firms and part of a portfolio of six West Coast tech companies, which means lots of collaboration and shared events.
We work hard to provide a flexible, positive, and supportive work environment, so everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential. Working remotely, we use a range of mediums to communicate regularly to ensure everyone is on track and has the direction they need to do their best work.
Billi is a growth-focused company which means lots of room for reaching your own professional goals. We offer competitive compensation, extended health and wellness benefits, stock options, flex days, paid vacation time, and ample opportunities for development.
SO, WHAT'S THE ROLE?
Billi is looking for a Senior App Developer to join their growing product team, focused on improving Billi's existing app and setting the company up for future growth. They will bring prior experience in a team setting as a Senior Developer, be technically opinionated, and have a strong grasp of the Flutter language. They will know and understand the nuances of mobile development and help us improve all facets of our app.
Although this is a newer platform, we are looking for a seasoned Developer with experience writing Flutter apps or experience writing native apps and a deep understanding of similar languages (eg. Dart, Typescript or other modern JS frameworks). This role will work collaboratively with our UI/UX team to ensure our designs are realistic and that our builds are accessible, polished and reflective of the Billi brand.
- Work within the development team on Billi's app and suite of features
- Brainstorm ideas how best to maximize data structures and optimize passing data from page to page
- Conduct design reviews and provide feedback from a Dev perspective (eg. how animations should work and how page transitions need to flow)
- Lead implementation on new features, working with the designer to find the middle ground between achievable, functionality, appearance and timeline
- Will participate in scoping out work, implementing any changes and delivering the finished product
- Participate in the QA process with the designer and the rest of the Billi team
- Apply new design principles across the app and revisit our existing data flow
- Stay up-to-date and on the cutting edge of the latest Flutter updates
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science and minimum 3 years professional experience, with 1 year in a Senior role, OR
- 5 years of professional experience and 2 years in a Senior role
- Prior working experience in mobile app development (2-4 years preferred)
- Prior working experience in Flutter (1+ year preferred), OR
- Significant experience (3+ years) in similar languages (Dart, Typescript, etc...)
- Experience with problem-solving and debugging
- Understand computer science fundamentals, algorithms, multi-level data structures, and design patterns
- Experience using Jira, Atlassian or a similar suite of products aimed at workflow management would be an asset
- Fintech experience considered an asset
- Experience with PII considered an asset
- Understanding of the financial landscape, financial products, and underwriting process in Canada would be considered an asset
- Experience connecting with a remote team using online collaboration tools
- A strong ability to remain nimble and responsive to a fast-paced and competitive industry
- Pride in detail-oriented communication, relationship-building, and organization
- Possess a growth-focused mindset with a strong desire to learn and improve
- Proven experience working in a small, remote, dynamic team in a start-up environment
- Bring energy, enthusiasm and vibrancy to all tasks and relationships
- Possess a strong ability to share technical information in an accessible way
- Default to curiosity and creativity
- Take pride in detail-oriented communication, relationship-building, and organization
- Have a growth-focused mindset with a strong desire to learn and improve
- Enjoy working collaboratively while also being comfortable working independently
- Own your work, and approach problems with curiosity and a proactive mindset
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Foster a positive work environment with others, valuing respect, professionalism and fun!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
with the subject line "Billi Senior Flutter Developer application - Your Name".
We are interviewing on a rolling basis so apply at your earliest convenience. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Images Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Senior Level
Software and Programming